Thursday, July 20, 2023

Hi, It's Me =)

 Whew, that was a long pause! Certainly didn't intend for it to be that many weeks. We have been having a fun summer but for whatever reason I just don't get around to writing about it. Every time I sit I'd rather read, I guess. I do love to read!!

Sooo, how far should I go back??

How about a few or lots (!) of pictures from our vacation to Wildwood, New Jersey in early June. 


From left...
Dale (Pop Pop), Ellen, Christy, Noah, Me (Nana), Zoe, Aidan
Toby, Carson, Greta, Lynn, Corey.

We had the BEST time and did a bunch of fun activities.


We walked the boardwalk. 
Ellen loves the boardwalk!!
Zoe was having a few ankle issues so she chose to use the wheelchair sometimes.
We had some chilly evenings, as you can see.


We walked out on a jetty (is that what it's called??)
near the Cape May ferry terminal.
Long walk where you had to watch each step so you didn't slip down a crevice!
But was soo fun!

Christy took this pic of me and Ellen.



We played some mini golf of course!


And since there was a Kohr Brothers right next to it...
why wouldn't we??


And a fire pit right there too...Perfect!




Went to Cape May County Zoo....
we love that zoo!


We also went to a very interesting Aviation Museum
in Cape May.

I took so many pictures but I'll just post a few.
We spent a lot of time there!


Ellen loves the color yellow so of course ๐Ÿ˜Š



These three boys are best friends.
And I'm rather crazy about all three of them!!


Brothers in front of the big brother's favorite airplane.


We did go to the beach
two or three times.
It wasn't great beach weather which was ok.

Greta and Lynn with their two boys testing the waters.



Digging a hole...


And look how big and deep it was!





Some went on a monster truck ride!
(not me!)
When we asked the little boys what their favorite part of vacation was...
of course it was this ride ๐Ÿ˜Š

Even Ellen might say this was tops...she really enjoyed it too.


Pictures at the Wildwood sign...our last night there.
After this we walked to Duffer's for ice cream.




Love this picture...
our son Corey and his Christy ♥️


Yes, Ellen loves ice cream...
and Yes, she ate all of it!!


Toby and Carson loved their ice cream too!


We ended our vacation by taking the ferry from Cape May to Lewes, DE.

It was such a pretty day!
And a smooth ride which is important to me.

My heart and soul was full.
I love my family soooo much!


This might be enough for a post but I'll include one more event.


We celebrated the 4th at Longs Park on July 2.
This has been a tradition since sometime in the 80's! 
We take a bunch of food and a big jug of water,
chairs and blankets...
play games, chat, and enjoy the great outdoors!
Sadly I somehow didn't get any pictures of 
Gina and Justin and their friends they brought
or Dale's sister Nancy. 



Greta and Lynn brought two small fans to help them keep cool!


The concert is always so good!


Will really try to get back here regularly again. Take care, stay cool! 

6 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great time you had. I didn't do anything near all that stuff. Sorry I missed you by a week. It would have been fun to meet up with you.

Mari said...

Well, no wonder you haven't posted. You've been having so much fun! I love that pic of you and Ellen. I know that you've just had fun with your sisters too! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You and your family have been having a fun-filled summer, Doris, and thanks for sharing all the fun and food and, of course, ice cream is always the perfect treat after miniature golf. Ellen made a good choice of a sundae treat.

Cindy said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time! I loved all the pictures, the boardwalk, the beach! The ocean is my happy place. :) My daughter's family lives just east of Seaside Heights and they go to there often. They took us there when we visited back in May, it was fun! I googled it and it's about 90 minutes north of Wildwoods. I loved all your pictures. There's nothing like being with family!

Theresa said...

OH how fun! LOVE the picture with everyone in the Wildwoods sign! Family time is the best to fill our hearts! I have been missing too, it's hard to find time to post. I always like to visit everyone's blog when I sit down and there just hasn't been much time for sitting at the computer. You all have sure had a fun Summer! Love you my friend, HUGS!

Jean said...

Well, I discovered that I hadn't read this one either. (Can you tell I have a day without a little one?)

I LOVED every picture!! I miss going to a beach with a boardwalk. That ferry ride would be my favorite. Thankfully we did see the coast on each side of the country this year.

And of course, I really miss Longs Park with you. I hope we can do it again sometime before we're too old.