Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Easter 2023

 Hello! It's been awhile since I've been here. Life has been busy, had lots of fun events, had a few worrisome moments too. Truly living it real around here!

 I'm going to attempt to do a few shorter posts highlighting some of the fun things we've taken part in. If I tried to do it all in one you would surely quit before the end because of it being forever long!


Let's start with this past weekend.

Easter 2023

Saturday, April 8


Noah wanted to go to our church Easter egg hunt.

We have never gone to it before. Zoe, Noah and I had helped fill 300 eggs for this hunt. 

We were NOT expecting to see so many people!!

The Sunday before the hunt it was announced there would be 9000 eggs.

Before the hunt started it was announced there were over 10000 eggs!

Wow!!

There  were different sections according to age group. 
This part was for younger kids.

Noah was actually feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the people 

and decided he didn't want to participate. 

But when they announced a 10 egg limit he felt better and went for it.


Noah in the green Ninja Turtle sweatshirt and an Aldi grocery bag...
we got there and I asked him if he brought anything to collect eggs.
Oops, he didn't. Nana to the rescue with a grocery bag!


Food trucks!

We decided to get some fries before going home.

Not expecting that many fries but were they ever yummy!


It was rather chilly, we soon decided to finish them at home.



Saw this cute fellow as we were walking to our car.
Wouldn't our big bear love to hang out here with a bunny friend 😄


Manor Church


Sunday April 9

We attended the second service (10:30) since Ellen's class wasn't meeting that day.
We sat on the balcony where Ellen is most comfortable.
Wish I had taken a picture!

It was a wonderful service.
Before going home we got to chat with our daughter and family.

Marcy and Scott with their three daughters and Scott's dad.


And more of the Smith family! 
Scott's brother Josh, his wife Jess (my hair stylist),
and their three children.

Ellen had looked for her Easter basket before going to church but hadn't found it.
So the hunt was on...

She found it on the desk chair.
Didn't think I hid it very hard but I guess I was sneakier than I thought!


I do a scavenger hunt for the grand children we live with.
They love it!

It started at the front door!





It ended by finding the bags on the wash line!


While dinner was in the oven
Corey hid the eggs for the egg hunt at home.



The weather was so nice! 


Checking the loot =)





Time to eat!


Aidan offered to take the picture.

I made ham, hamloaf, baked corn, gourmet potatoes, fresh fruit platter and 
carrot and chocolate cupcakes.

Noah hid but I got a picture....

Silly boy!!


It was a wonderful Easter! 








3 comments:

Jean said...

Wow!!! I love all of this so much!! That scavenger hunt is so fun! I gotta do that sometime.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That certainly was one of the largest egg hunts ever, Doris, and what a crowd of participants. It looks like your family had a lot of fun with hunts, egg and scavanger, and enjoyed a wonderful holiday dinner too.

Theresa said...

What a wonderful time with SO many egg hunters. I remember your scavenger hunts. I know everyone looks forward to it. I have trouble finding time to blog but do when I can. Enjoy your day dear friend. Love you 😘