Sunday, April 30, 2023

A look back to a few March things plus some fun April activities

 April 30...how crazy is that? 

Feels like we just started April and we are already at the last day.


Looking back to March -

Zoe was in a musical at her school.





Zoe was a bird girl.
We LOVED it! She did such a good job!


Zoe shared this picture with me of all the bird girls...
Aren't they so cute?!
(I covered their faces for privacy)


I had a birthday in March...
I'm now enjoying my last year of my 60's (mind blowing fact!)


My hubby got me some pretty flowers!



I made my favorite carrot cake, yum! 
(gf of course)

Noah asked me what my favorite color was so I told him a few...
he soon handed me this.


Inside was a gift card to Starbucks! 
Awe, he knows what I like ♥️

We enjoyed takeout from Isaac's, a favorite local restaurant near us, for dinner.
Was a really good day!

The next day my sister Mary Ellen took me for breakfast to
 Brickhouse Café in Manheim.



It was just lovely!

Later we went to see the movie 
80 for Brady,
it was so funny!!


Now for newer activities...

April 19

Noah had a concert and art show at his school.
The hearts are added to point out our boy =)

The concert was delightful!

Pointing to his picture...
Noah didn't want his picture taken!


His other piece of art....
he happily pointed out the booger on the (his) nose!
HAHAHA! 
And he's winking, in case you were wondering =)



We loved seeing all the artwork!


Dinner that evening was Scoops!

We love Scoops!


It was a lovely evening!





Christy's parents were with us too.


April 21

Greta sent the family a short notice message to invite us all to their house for smores.
It suited the bunch in this house and Marcy and Scott's family.


Sitting around the fire with family
talking and laughing, children running and playing...
soul filler!!


I read a lot...every chance I get.
Recently finished this one on audio book.
It was so good!!



Till the next time...
sending my love to all my friends! 


4 comments:

Susie said...

Doris, Happy birthday. I loved seeing the photos. So much joy in your family. Noah makes me laugh...such a boy , booger and all. :):) Blessings to all of you, xoxo,Susie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

First, Doris, belated Happy 🎂🎉 Birthday wishes to you and the flowers and gift card were great gifts, plus carrot cake😋 Your grnads have been very busy with creative activites and thanks for sharing in this post. It’s nice that you had such treats and get togethers at your favorite places, all of which we have been too as well. Also, thanks for your comment on my recent post anout snacks and favorites😀

Mari said...

You've had a fun month! Happy Birthday!
Those bird girls are cute. We went to an art show for our girls last week. Their art is always fun. Typical boy with the addition of a booger!

Jean said...

So many wonderful activities and pictures!!

I LOVE Brickhouse Cafe! And I was so sad to see that it will be closing. I hope someone buys it and keeps it going.