Saturday, November 12, 2022

Time Flies!

 How in the world has more than a month gone by since I've written a blog post? Did we even have the month of October? My head is spinning over here....

We've had some gorgeous warm weather this week (70's!) but it's changing. 40's are the high for next week...yes, it is November and that's more the norm. Trying to be ok that winter is on the way. 

We've had a beautiful fall....


But it's pretty bare now and we see houses and building through the trees again.

and more sky...that's not a bad thing!

It's ok.
But leaves on trees are my preference 😉


We had so much fun at Fall Fest
at our church.




Ellen and I helped set up a fun sensory table.

It was well received!


We decided to have our picture taken 
while the rest of the fam was playing corn hole.

Daughter Ellen and granddaughter Zoe.


Ellen enjoyed a Halloween dance!


She had so much fun!
Before March 2020 Ellen attended these monthly activities.
This was the first in person event since then...
I was filled to the brim with joy to see these kids enjoying Club 625 again!


Cheering ended last Saturday.
After the game we had an awards banquet
where all the special football players and cheerleaders 
were honored with a meal and awards.


It was a wonderful first season with this league.
Thrilled to be part of it!!


Some things that have been giving me joy...

That little Echo Dot plays whatever I ask it to.
It's mostly Christmas music right now...
love it!!


Yes, yes...
a peppermint mocha latte!
in a Christmas cup 👍


Pretty birds 💓💓

As we barrel through the rest of this year,
may we keep our focus on the important....
loving Jesus
loving people...
our family, friends, neighbors,
those who look like us, think like us, and live like us (that's easy)...
AND most importantly
those who do not
look like us, think like us, live like us.
Harder but oh the growth that comes from it.
I'm constantly challenged to go beyond my comfort zone.
Working on it.....

Blessings, my friends!


8 comments:

Cindy said...

I loved everything about this post! The leaves, the cup, the activities... sounds like you had a great October!

Susie said...

Hi Doris, We had snow here in central Indiana today. What a dread for me. I felt sad all day. So did the cat. I could not let him sit at the open front door . Winters are harder when alone. I loved all your fun photos. Glad you all enjoyed the festival. Take care. Blessings to all. xoxo, Susie

Mari said...

Hi! It's good to see you. I agree, October flew right by and it's getting cold here too. It really was a gorgeous Fall though.
Good to see you are having fun with church and family. I like the pic with Ellen and Zoe. Zoe is growing up!
Good thoughts too - things to always be working on!

Mari said...

Hi! It's good to see you again. I agree, October flew right by. It was a gorgeous Fall though. It's getting cold here too. I'm also enjoying Hallmark movies and Christmas music, haven't had a peppermint mocha yet. :)
Nice to see you having fun with family and church. Cute pic with Ellen and Zoe - and Zoe is growing up!
Good thoughts too - and things I need to keep working on.
If this is a repeat, forgive me. I'm having issues getting this comment to post!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a nice surprise today, Doris, to find a new post and yes time does have a way of going by so fast. It was great to what had been happening with you and your family, a nice photo too. Glad to read and see that Ellen had fun to the dance and cheerleading too. The fall colors were lovely in NH as well, but lots of bare trees now.

NanaDiana said...

What wonderful family pictures, events and memories you created here. It was nice to see a post from you. Time flies way too fast-and the older we get the faster it seems to go. I never believed that when I was young!
I am glad the kids are able to enjoy things they enjoyed pre-Covid. xo Diana

Jean said...

Sorry, I didn't know you had posted this! I LOVE the picture of you, Ellen, and Zoe!!

Susan Zarzycki said...

Hi, I just found your blog! I live in Bethlehem, PA. I enjoyed your newsy blog post with photos. Have a Happy and blessed Thanksgiving... We all have so many b!essence to thank God for.💖