Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Family, always!

 Been a long time again. Blogging feels hard right now but I do want to come once in awhile to let you know I'm still around!


We had snow last week.
Wasn't much but it was very pretty!





Zoe got a hoverboard from her other grandparents
for Christmas. 
Her very helpful big brother gave her a hand
 as she was getting the hang of it.

Didn't take long till she and the younger brother were zooming
all over the house!!


This past Sunday we had our family here for a belated Christmas.
It was good..so so good!
I don't even have enough words to adequately express my gratitude
for this gift...
they truly are a gift to me!

Sadly, a few were missing because it didn't work out for them to come.


The little ones had such a good time playing together.
And the big ones never ran out of things to talk about!


Harley gave her approval to more and more people invading her home 👍










We played the usual crazy gift exchange game...
always produces lots of laughs!!


We had pizza, chips, fruit and desserts.
Simple was the way to go this time!


My bunch has a way of filling my soul 
❤❤❤


I will end this post with a request for prayer.
We are facing something very big in the next few weeks and months.

My daughter-in-law is having a very serious surgery in February.
The surgery will be in Philadelphia,
a week in the hospital, 
and several months of recovery at home.

There are lots of changes coming for the kids schooling
 for the rest of the year.

Lots of changes in the responsibilities for me 
in the coming months as I pick up much more of the cooking,
transportation needs of the kids, etc. 
Gladly will I serve them in whatever needs be...
We are just so happy to be here to help!

We know that many will support them as well
to meet needs.
We are grateful for extended family and many friends!

My son is a saint.
He will be embarrassed if he reads this
 but he is!
He is a wonderful support to his wife and kids
and support is greatly needed through the hard.

We covet your prayers!! 

Grateful for this community, dear friends.
I appreciate you!








7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am happy to see a post from you but sorry to hear about the serious surgery coming up. It is so hard when someone has illness/surgery because we just feel helpless in so many ways. Even when we pick u pieces and do what we can-we still feel helpless on some level.

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Those are great family pictures.

Take good care-Love and prayers- xo Diana

Latane Barton said...

Trials throughout life would be impossible if we didn't have support and loving hearts to care for us. I really wish that your d-i-l didn't have to go through this but it sounds like she has the support to get her through it.

Kathy said...

Lots of fun with your family. So glad you could all get together. The hoverboard looks like so much fun but I would probably fall off and break my leg.

Wasn't that snow something? I didn't like the cold weather that came with it though.

Tell your family that Joe and I are here in Philly to help them in any way we can. Praying for them all and especially your daughter.

Mari said...

Having the family together is such a joy and it certainly warms a moms heart! I'm glad you had this time.
Praying for your family as you all band together for this surgery.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It was really nice to see this post, Doris, and see the photos of your family's belated Christmas get together. And, it was disheartening to read about your DIL's upcoming surgery and extended recovery. But, your family also comes together in good times and not-so-good and sure all will work out well for all. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family this year.

Theresa said...

Blogging isn't tops on my list these days but I do like to pop in to make sure everyone is still here and don't forget me:) The snow is SO pretty. We may get a little today, I will report back if we do:) I know how much your family all together means to you, me too. What a blessing! I will be praying for your DIL, your Son and all who will be helping! I know they all appreciate you being there to help! Families are always in our hearts! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Jean said...

Finally read this post, Doris. I just love that you were able to have your family together. I long for the day. My house is way too small to do that, especially now.

You know I care deeply about the things ahead. Crying to God for Christy and all of you, and especially for you with the extra load you will carry. Steve and Faye's Krista will be having surgery in February also.