Friday, December 24, 2021

Merry Christmas!

 Wishing you a very

 Merry, Special, Joyful Christmas! 



We are all feeling better and we are so thankful.

God is good.

Yes, he is even though we would like to celebrate as usual,

we cannot again this year.

It would be dishonest of me 

if I said it doesn't bother me.

It does! 

BUT, 

we live with the best son and his family

which makes our celebration very special indeed!

(now don't think I'm slighting my other sons...

he happens to be the only one among a bunch of daughters!)


Last evening we delivered gifts to two of our daughters and their families.

It was wonderful!

Another daughter and her honey came on Wednesday to pick up their gifts.

And a daughter came today...

so our kids have their love from us...

the 2 we live with will get theirs tomorrow, of course.


I'm listening to the best Christmas music on Pandora.

Really wanted to just sit and enjoy...
but see that vacuum over there just staring at me?

The floors really needed swept.

So I got up and did it 😊

Now it's soon time to get dinner set out so we can watch the 
livestream Christmas Eve service from our church.
We decided not to attend in person.

We are having subs, veggies, and chips for dinner. 

After the service it's the movie
A Christmas Story!

That's a tradition Corey and Christy had before we lived together.

I confess to knowing about the movie but never
 watched it before that!

It's a good one 🎄

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas Eve!


 



2 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

By now, your Christmas celebration has passed, Doris, and I know that despite all the restrictions again this year, that you and your family enjoyed as happy a time as ever. It’s because the love of family is the best gift of all and you surely have that all around. Sending our best wishes for a Happier New Year for us all.

Theresa said...

Yes, sickness was among our family so we have to delay part of our Christmas celebration too. I don’t like it either but happy that everyone is feeling better. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs.