Tuesday, December 14, 2021

December is moving right along!

 How can it be December14 already???? Figured that I had better get at least one post written before the month is over. Not that I have much going on to chat about. 

We have been sick. Yes, the awful virus has invaded our home and infected all but one of us. Thankfully no one is extremely ill. (vaccinated, all but one) We are very thankful that serious illness was avoided but I would not say this is or has been a piece of cake! I thought I had a normal sinus issue but tested positive...so test, people, even if you think it's just a cold! Walmart usually has the home tests online for around $14. I'm still dealing with sinus pressure and stuffiness. And some fatigue...more annoying than anything! 

Sooo, that means that Christmas decor is to a minimum this year. Nothing fancy but just enough to make it special. 

Our tree in the living room is puppy proof...
no ornaments on the bottom and no tree skirt 😄


The tree in our basement living room.
Took forever to get this much done and nothing more it will be!
(no lights worked, found some and ordered some, 
had a mess of a time stabilizing the tree in the crock...
 fingers crossed that no one takes the corner short and knocks it!!)


One evening we watched Home Alone 2 while waiting for dinner to be finished.
Such a fun movie!


Still lots of wrapping to do and hopefully get some cookies baked too.
I'm taking it slow!


I'm glad we took a drive to see Christmas lights before we all got sick! 

Please take care and stay well!

Praying God's blessing over all!
💓💓💓


5 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Too bad you all took sick at the busiest time of the year, but sure everything will get done, it will just take a bit longer, but there's nothing "wrong" with that. In time, the gifts will be wrapped and the baking done even if it's just before Christmas Day. The most important thing is to rest and feel better and keep watching Hallmark movies, Doris.

Mari said...

I'm sorry you guys have it, it's no fun! But I will say that from what I've seen, most people that are vaccinated don't get as sick. I hope you are all back to normal soon!

Brenda said...

Prayers…agree…usually if vaccinated, it is not as bad…thank goodness you vaccinated…

Cindy said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're going through the virus during this time of year. But thankful it hasn't been too serious. I'm glad you're taking it easy, you need to do what you need to do to stay sane and at peace. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Theresa said...

Oh dear friend, I am so sorry to see that sickness is in your house🥺. I promise to pray that all of your loved ones will be all better before Christmas. Your decorations are beautiful🎄. Have a blessed day and take care of yourself as I know you take extra good care of your family. Love you❤️