Friday, October 22, 2021

 Guess what time it is...

Hallmark Christmas Movie time!

I find that fact exciting every single year.

 Watching one as I'm working on this post!



In other news...

Saturday afternoon found me at my sister Mary Ellen's home because

ALL my sisters were there!

We had a great time talking, remembering and, yes, laughing and shedding tears too.

We miss our brother!

Betty's husband took some pictures...
he captured us in smiling poses....


And of course, laughing poses!
I think this was taken as he was telling us that he's been snapping
all the while as we were getting situated 😄

I love these people!!

And I think it will be quite awhile till we get used to not having
 that one guy in our pictures. 😢



On Sunday after the funeral and graveside service
we had our family here for pizza.





My family blesses me tremendously,
always.

This night they were a healing balm and more for my sad soul.

I love them more than words can tell!


Flowers in memory of my brother.




Monday evening Ellen had a Journey's activity.
They met outdoors again which is still needed.

She had a really good time!
So thankful for this group and all the volunteers who make it so successful.


And one more piece of news...

We (our son's family) got a puppy!!


This little girl is a mini Bernedoodle.
Her name is Harley
and she's a cutie!


She is so loved!

The kids are doing a good job of caring for her 
and everyone is enjoying all her antics....
no shoe oops, yet 😉

Blessings, my friends.
Stay safe, be well! 










8 comments:

Jean said...

Still cherishing the memory of being together Saturday afternoon.

Kathy said...

Life is sometimes hard with many changes. Praying for you and all of your family at this time. Too many people I know have died this week. I'm so glad your family could be together. I know your new furry family member is helping to ease the sadness somewhat.

Theresa said...

What sweet pictures of you girls and I love the one with your Brother, it is hard to go on without them:( Prayers as you surround yourself with family, it helps to be with those we love. Cutest new puppy! Enjoy your evening dear Doris, I bet you are curled up, warm and cozy watching a Christmas movie. HUGS!

Mari said...

I love seeing the pics of all you girls. God gives us joy alongside the tears.
Yes - family is a blessing for sure!
Cute puppy!

Latane Barton said...

Such sadness and joy all wrapped up in one package. It won't ever be the same but you girls are making new wonderful memories and that's special. Hugs to you all.

Susie said...

Sending prayers as you are in my thought. So sorry about your brother passing. It is great that you have a big loving family to help ease this time. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

How wonderful that you have so many sisters. What a blessing. I know you must miss your brother horribly. I only had one sibling/my brother, Charlie, and I miss him every day of life. I can't believe he will never call me again and say, Hello, Sister Dearest! I know you feel the same about your dear brohter.

Love to you- Diana

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

So nice to see you and your sisters together, Doris, even though you are still grieving the loss of your brother, Bob. Having family gather together is certainly healing. The new family puppy is quite a cutie too. The only Hallmark movies I will watch are older ones on You Tube.