Friday, October 15, 2021

Life takes crazy turns...

 Life. 

Sometimes is super joyful and sometimes it's just super hard. 

Right now I'm sorta just going through the motions,

if you get my drift.

On Monday evening my only brother, Dick Witmer,  passed away.


We are heartbroken! 

Now it's just the six sisters...still processing that.

We know he is with Jesus

so of course that is a huge comfort.



Today he is rejoicing with precious Grandma Mary.
Mary passed away in 2020.


And with our Dad.
Still miss him so much!

Dad passed away in 2009


Also with our mom...
I'm the bride...love this picture with her!

Our mother passed away in 1982.
She was only 59, much too young.
Missing her!


And our oldest sister, Janet.
Janet is the first person on the left.
Can you tell which one is me?

She passed away in 2004.
We miss her so much!

The service for my brother is on Sunday.

Because we as a household must be very careful 
to keep everyone well,
we are only going to the graveside service. 

Such a tough decision but I have been assured that the family understands.

Someday this living super carefully will all be past.
This is my constant prayer!

Please keep my brother's family,
and his wife Nancy, especially, in your prayers!


Dick loved to send us siblings funny sayings about coffee.
Most of us are coffee lovers.


This is the last one he sent.
I added a pic of my yummy Starbuck's coffee to it,
pumpkin spice of course,
that I got after a haircut yesterday.
I told my sisters that I am really trying to accept this change. 

We will really miss those coffee laughs!

The sisters from out of state are traveling here today and tomorrow.
It will be so good to be together.
I know, you know,
of course we wish it wasn't for this reason.

But life hands us hard things sometimes. 
We will face it and work through it
no matter how long it takes!

I firmly believe that God is good.
Yes, even in this!

I believe it as I shed tears....





5 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Our condolences and deepest sympathy go out to you and your family, Doris, on the passing of your brother, Dick. This was a beautiful and loving tribute to your family members.

Theresa said...

Oh my dear friend, I am SO sorry but please know that I will keep you and your precious family in prayer. It is hard, that... I know for sure. He is with Jesus and all of your loved ones and mine too, find comfort in that. I visited my Brother Marshall's gravesite today to see his marker. It is hard, I have already said that... it is hard. Lean on each other! Love you bunches, I am here if you need me.

Mari said...

I am so sorry. I know how close you are and can only imagine how hard this is. So thankful we know where he is, but the hurt is still there. Praying for your family.

Buttercup said...

My prayers and sympathy to you and your family. I'm a coffee fan, too, and thanks for the smile.

Terra said...

Oh sweet friend, this is a sad sad time for you, and I am praying for comfort for all, especially your brother's wife. Mourning during Covid brings its own difficulties. As you said, Jesus promises his followers a place with him, that is a comfort.