Friday, September 3, 2021

Post Vacation

 Vacation is certainly over but definitely not forgotten! Was really hard to leave that wonderful spot.

Taken Saturday evening...our last night there.
Hope to return next summer!



Sunday morning..
I had forgotten that half of my ice cream sundae was still in the freezer.
Soooo,
ice cream for breakfast it was! 



Our little rental last week...
two smallish bedrooms
two small bathrooms (no pics because 😣)
small kitchen
connected to a small living room.
But it all worked like a charm!

********************************************

We had a lot of rain on Wednesday.
Two trees went down in our neighborhood...
one partially landed on a house.

We heard them go down...
 falling trees are LOUD
and so scary hearing them at night.

We are thankful that no one was injured.

Now the storm has passed 
and cooler temps and blue skies are here!


Totally amazed at the coleus!
It bought small plants this year to save a few bucks...
purchasing annuals is crazy expensive!

Love them!

****************************************************

First day of school happened on Wednesday...
that dark rainy day.

The little guy is in K
his sister is 6th.

They are homeschooling but attending a group two days a week.



The big brother is doing online school with our school district.
He started last week.

He hates being in pictures!

But
his brother really wanted him to be in the picture...
he obliged but not loving it!

Sister is clearly over her brothers  πŸ˜„

Love them!!

****************************************


It's a holiday weekend. No special plans here.
Will probably labor as usual.

Take care, please do what you can to stay well!
πŸ’•πŸ’—πŸ’•






7 comments:

Kathy said...

I loved following you along on your vacation on facebook. You had such a great time! I have never been there, but now I am thinking of going next year. Cute place you stayed at.

Mari said...

Such a nice vacation, and good to look back and remember.
I like the pic of the kids, typical and it makes me smile.
The coleus is gorgeous!

Cindy said...

Looks like you had a great vacation! I absolutely LOVE a balcony, sitting out there with my tea in the morning and evenings. And ice cream for dessert! That's definitely a great vacation! That back-to-school picture is priceless!

Laurel Wood said...

I know how you love the beach. That is a cute rental and oh boy, that ice cream sundae looks good! Your grands are growing so fast. It is a joy to have known them and followed them thru your blog thru the years. I am thankful nobody w as hurt when the trees fell in the neighborhood. We are enjoying cooler temps too. I know you will enjoy some pumpkin spice tea on the porch before too. Long. 😽

Theresa said...

The views from your vacation spot were awesome. I know you had a great time and will look forward to next time. School time is going well here, I pray they same for your kiddos. I love coleus, I had those at my last house. So pretty. Have a blessed day dear Doris. Hugs

Jean said...

I love your little vacation rental! I would love a week at the beach, but too many children to visit on our vacations. At least we get to do a day at the beach in both Florida and Oregon.

That's great that Zoe and Noah are in a homeschool group two days a week!

Your coleus!!! I did not plant any this year because the spot where we planted some last year was in front of the AC unit where replacement work was being done in June. They would have gotten trampled. Later we planted elephant ears there. They're doing well, but are certainly not as beautiful as coleus.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Post vacations always can be a bit of a let down, so glad you have such great memories, Doris. Our grands in RI have also started back to school and in class, so far.