Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Fun Times



 Guess that was an unintended blog break ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sometimes I’m just too busy and sometimes I just don’t feel like blogging! This time it was a combination of both…kept thinking I’ll get to it. 

I’m getting to it now. 

Last Saturday Ellen and I went to a football game. The group she has cheered for in the past, United Disabilities Services, has an age limit for the football players. (no age limit for cheerleaders but Ellen decided not to cheer this year since the games are held indoors and Covid #'s are still high)  Another group has been trying to start up so the older players can still play. But last year was a no go and this year too, although they are trying to get some games in. Last Saturday suited us to go watch! Ellen was the only cheerleader there. 

It was a beautiful day! 


I only took one chair so Ellen sat on me 
most of the time! 


During halftime we decided to take a walk. 


Have no idea what kind of tree these are but there were lots of them all along the path!
Anybody know what it is?

After the game we had lunch at Wendy’s. Been a long time since I ate there. Had one of the last 3 summer salads, not certain of the name but it had strawberries on it. Yummy!

Saturday evening we made s’mores….so yum!


Sunday morning...

I found this on the porch!
These two decided to have a camp out...
daddy was sleeping on the sofa not far away ๐Ÿ˜Š


They slept good although Noah said he woke up during the night 
and was afraid a fox would come up on the deck and get them!

Notice Bear was there...I don't think Noah had to worry, correct??


Monday morning.

Sleepy Noah decided that Bear was a soft resting place, aww.



One of the two flower boxes on our deck.
I'm thrilled with a sunny spot to grow some of the annuals 
I had in our many beds at our former home.



No hummingbirds were buzzing around when I was out there 
but this beautiful butterfly  gave a photo opportunity!

The house across from our street is being taken down!

This morning.
Amish men are doing the work.


Around 5 today...
lots of progress!

It's very sad to see it come down but it was in great disrepair.
The barn behind it is already down. 

What is going to become of the property?
No idea...guess we will see!


Ellen and I are looking forward to a beach weekend with our friends. It's the moms and daughters trip!!
Always so fun. We didn't go last year and really didn't want to miss it this year. Leave Friday and come back Sunday. When the beach calls I like to answer ๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a haircut tomorrow morning and then two little boys and their mommy are coming for the afternoon....Carson, Toby and Greta! It's always a good day when they come to visit and play. 

That's it for today...now to catch up on some blog reading! 



2 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoy the beach time with Ellen and the moms and daughters, as I know you will all have a fun time especially since last year was a no-go.

Theresa said...

Football game with Ellen, add in a walk makes for a really nice day! Love seeing all of the fun you have with your family, AND I know you will enjoy another beach trip. We are leaving soon for our end-of-the Summer trip:) Enjoy your day, I know you will! HUGS!