Saturday, May 22, 2021

This and That

 Was a week with some appointments

and more coming up next week.

Saw a new Dr. on Monday for a med check.

No blood work was ordered which I was happy about!

Christy sees this Dr. and said I should fast just in case she wants to do a blood draw.

Yes, I should have listened to her! 

Have to do that sometime plus I have two test scheduled 

for minor things she wants checked out.

Good grief...thought this was going to be quick, see you in 6 months

kind of appointment.

Suppose that's what happens when you get older and things start to go 😉


Also had a tooth taken care of this week. 

apparently an old filling broke and was causing considerable pain.

Hundreds of  $$ later, it's all fixed up.

UGH!!!!


Now to better things...

These flowers!








These are in our yard and the neighbor next to us.

They are also scattered all throughout our neighborhood.

It is a gorgeous drive up to our house!


Last evening we attended a special event with Ellen.

Journeys is a once a month group for young people and adults

with disabilities that meets at our church.

Ellen also attends the Sunday School class.

The monthly group hasn't had regular meeting since last March.

It was so good to be together at the County Fair.

We saw people we haven't seen in over a year!

This sweet Lamb!! 
It was falling asleep in her arms



She entered her book of Sunday School pages she had colored
and was so pleased to see the ribbons on it!

We haven't attend in person church the past year
except a few months last fall.
Christie, Journeys leader and teacher of SS,
sent her the pages in the mail each week.
Coloring gave her something to do and she loves it!



Ellen participated in several games too.

It was a really good night!


This kid...

 Giving his mom a pathetic, poor me look
because
he wants a dog sooo bad!

Actually, all the kids do and were they ever presenting
their case today at lunch!

We have allergies galore in this household
so we shall see.

If it was up to me it would be a firm no.
But thankfully, for the kids sake,
it's not up to me! 


Today Dale planted the rest of the flowers I purchased.
I'll take a picture after they grow a bit.

It's really hot this week and to continue...
80's and 90's which is very unusual for us in May.


I gave my toenails a new coat of color this afternoon.
Would much rather get a pedi from someone who know what they're doing!
But must say, after a year of painting my own,
I'm getting better at it. (just don't look too closely 😀)

Looking forward to attending church in person again tomorrow.
We went last Sunday for the first time in 6 months.
Was so so good!!


Take care, stay cool!!






8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Hi Doris,
If you get a dog consider getting a Cockapoo-they don't shed or have dander that causes allergic reactions. We have allergies in the family and the cockapoo doesn't bother anyone.
Gotta love those doctor and dentist appointments. xo Diana

Laurel Wood said...

Sorry to hear about your tooth. Like you, we recently visited our new to us dr. Here in town. Bloodwork delayed til Aug. so now I have to be good! Love the photos of Ellen. Your yard is gorgeous. I will look forward to seeing your new plants. Sending love to you all. Have a blessed Sunday.

Theresa said...

Beautiful flowers! Ellen is precious holding that little lamb and I love her book of pages she has colored. I hope you enjoy your Church service. Sending HUGS and PRAYERS across the miles!

Mari said...

I love the pic of Ellen with the lamb. And good for her with her ribbons!
Dr appts and teeth issues - I'm entirely familiar with them.
Your rhododendrons are gorgeous!

Cindy said...

There's nothing like worshiping the Lord with other believers! Glad you made it back to church. Those hydrangeas are beautiful!

Jean said...

Thank God for beautiful flowers and good times to balance out the medical and dental woes.

I would definitely not want a dog, but I do love other people's dogs, haha!! I'm sure Anthony and Lori's boys have not been successful in convincing them to get a cat or a dog. Such mean parents!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Dental visits are always costly for me as I go 4x a year and no one ever like medical visits. Hope your upcoming ones so ‘t reveal any surprises, Doris. The rhododendrons are lovely, too bad they are short lived blooms, but always great to see in early spring. Looks like Ellen enjoyed herself at the get together and kudos to her on those ribbons.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

You definitely have a green thumb. The flowers are beautiful. So glad Ellen could be with friends and have a good time. I would vote no dog too!