Saturday, May 29, 2021

Two Hugs

 Two things from this week that causes my heart to praise.

Two appointments,

not great news from one,

the other one I've yet to know results.


Monday I had an ultrasound.

The test did not make me nervous

but the reason for it did!! 

(Not going to give details just yet, maybe at another time.

But I certainly do appreciate your prayers if so inclined)

When my name was called,

how crazy that the person doing the ultrasound was the wife of one of our pastors!

I don't know her real well,

we have only started attending this church regularly late December 2019.

Then of course the pandemic kept us away from 

in person attendance for most of 2020 until recently.

 How special for me that she "happened" to be the one

 chosen to do my ultrasound!

It didn't just happen at all, that I am confident of.

It felt like a God hug!

And as I said, the result wasn't what I had desired.

Another procedure is scheduled on Wednesday.

That one does make me nervous, I will not lie!


Friday I was scheduled for another test

for something the Dr wanted checked out.

A funny thing...

you know how you need your temp checked and get asked a bunch of questions

prior to going on your way at any medical place these days...

well this was the THIRD time this week I had been there.

(did my fasting blood draw on Thursday)

When the gal asked me where I was headed 

(many offices in this building)

I knew where but

temporarily didn't remember what for!!

I told her I'm going there...

pointing to the glass doors next to us....

for something, shrugging my shoulders as I was telling her.

She got such a kick out of my answer...glad I made her day 😄

Anyway, a God hug, again, was coming.

The technician for this test was so sweet.

We talked as she was doing her job.

Found out we both love being a grandparent...

she has one and was overjoyed to hear I have 10!

And one Great!

She asked me about what I did for a job...

that opened a lot of conversation after I told her about my

 most loved part of my job, working with elders with memory loss.

She told me how she and her husband came to this county

 but their degrees didn't translate here 

(mathematics and physics)

so she worked as a CNA at Mennonite Home

with elders with memory loss!

How cool, we both worked in memory care

and loved it..

the joys and the challenges.

That felt like a hug from God.

More of her story...

she worked and went to school to learn what she does now.

She also teaches at the local community college

teaching others in the same program where she got her degree.

I love this so much!! 

Can you imagine having a well respected degree but must start all over again.

And then to love so much that you want to teach others too.

If I could have and it would have been appropriate

I'd have given her a big hug.....

instead she gave me a God hug ❤ 

Sometimes you just need a God hug!


Always love a beautiful sky!

Last Sunday...a very hot day...
we watched our granddaughter, Paityn,
help her team win this soccer game.

She is an amazing athlete and we love her to the moon and back







7 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Hi Doris, I certainly will remember you in prayer. What a blessing to have received these God hugs just when you needed them most.
Glad you enjoyed watching Paityn play soccer. Beautiful cloud photo. Sending love and prayers.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I will certainly be praying for you and the outcome of the tests. Let us know when you can. Happy Memorial Day weekend.

Kathy said...

You are certainly in the prayers of both Joe and me. Hope all goes well for you. If you want to talk to me about things, I am just a phone call away. And what you say goes no further. God certainly blessed you with good people to take care of you. A God hug for sure. What a beautiful picture of the sky.

Mari said...

I love the God hugs you got! I think He sends them a lot and often we aren't paying attention. Glad you were alert to them.
Praying for you!

Jean said...

Truly special!! You know I’m praying for you!

Theresa said...

I will be praying for you my friend, I have had those kinds of appts where you have to check further. I will be praying for you! I have gotten lots of God HUGS and they feel SO good! Enjoy your Sunday dear Doris, BIG HUGS and PRAYERS coming your way!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope that these appointments will not bring upsetting news, but the. Just going to multiple ones can do that, Doris. We will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, my friend.