Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Reasons to Celebrate

 Yippee!!

I'm in business once again.

A new laptop arrived yesterday!!!

My very smart son set it up for me....

I am not that smart!

Lots to celebrate ~

A new device that makes blogging easier

and

A smart son too!


Not much has been happening around here.

No beautiful, warm weather to speak of.

BUT

I did have a birthday on Saturday.

I guess that's about as newsy as I get!

Another reason to celebrate..

67 years old young!


First things first....

A birthday is cause for a free Starbucks drink!
Coffee frapp with whip and caramel drizzle.
YUM!!

I was blessed with several visits, cards, and lots of FB greetings.



My sister, Mary Ellen came by with the beautiful roses and a card.
Some cards came in the mail too.
And two came from those I live with.



Ellen included the note, top, in her card 
along with $10.
SOOO sweet!!

The card, bottom, was made by Zoe.
It was folded like an envelope.
When I pulled it unfolded to see the message.
SOOO sweet!


Gina and Justin and Baily came to visit in the evening.
We sat in the screened porch with the patio heater 
so it wasn't too cold.

I had ordered pizza for dinner and got them one too.

They blessed me with a gift card to Target =)




This cake!!

Christy and Zoe made me a GF carrot cake.
It was so delicious!

These two wanted to watch a movie
so we climbed into my bed....




and watched 
Piglet's Big Movie.


I am sooo blessed!!

*************************************

Loving the lighter evenings.

Loving the signs of things coming to life outside...

Trees are beginning to show some leaves,
very little but I take what I get 😊

Hydrangeas are starting to bud. 👍

Daffodils and tulips are up,
not blooming yet. 👍

Spring will soon be here!

Please take care,
stay healthy!













5 comments:

Jean said...

Good things!! I’m having my first indoor visitors this weekend - Destiny, Alex, and Elizer! They were the last ones in our house the first weekend of October. Unbelievable! We have our second vaccine now and they already had COVID, so I think we’ll be good.

I have crocuses blooming, but that’s all so far.

Theresa said...

YEAH to the new computer! What a nice Son to help get it set up! This post was filled with smiles! You had a great B'day it appears! I would like some of that cake, PLEEZE! SWEET notes! The buds are budding here and the early flowers are blooming. It is nice to get out of the house a little more, two weeks post 2nd shot today for us:). Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Laurel Wood said...

I am sorry I missed your birthday. It looks like a wonderful day from your photos. You are very blessed. Glad you have a new computer and a son who assisted you. Yay for signs of spring. Glad you enjoyed pizza on your lovely porch. ❤️ Happy belated birthday dear friend.

Mari said...

You are blessed! The handmade cards are just the best! The cake looks yummy. Visitors, cards, gifts - and a new computer. :)
Glad you had a happy birthday!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday celebration,Doris, with lots of wonderful surprises and a great family get together. Belated birthday wishes from your NH friends 🎂