Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Welcome Spring!

 Spring is here

and we have some color!




I love daffodils!



These little flowers are blooming too.
(pardon the ugly empty pot, hope to fill it soon!)

I went looking for a spring basket and wreath
in my storage area.
Came up empty!

I know I saw the basket in there somewhere 
but it was nowhere to be found that day.

I guess I had actually thrown out the old wreath,
it also was nowhere to be found!

Kohl's was having a good sale on wreaths
 so I purchased this one online
and did a curbside pick up.

I like it on our blue door
but I should have washed off the smudges before taking the picture!! 

We are having such nice weather.
Today is rain and 50's 
but 
for days we've had sunny days in the 60's!

On Sunday we had hamburgers and smore's 
made on a fire.


Getting the marshmallow ready to toast.



We are ready to sit by the fire!



The kids are enjoying the nice weather to play outside.

I sat in the sun on the deck and enjoyed watching them!



Thankful for a back that no longer hurts with every move.
I had hurt my back several weeks ago while helping
my husband move our heavy sofa. 

I knew better but we were only moving it a short distance.

Anyway I took it easy and then it felt better
and then I would do something stupid again
then it would hurt like mad again...
I'm a slow learner.

But this week I am finally feeling great!

Been on several walks with Ellen.
Yesterday we went on a longer one with a few hills.
All is still well!

Hope you are having a good week.
Take care and stay well!




7 comments:

Kathy said...

I am so loving the weather and can't wait to get out to your part of the state. Not long now. Sorry about your back. I know what that is. Glad you are doing better.

Laurel Wood said...

It is nice to see the yellow flowers in your landscape. I know you all are enjoying some time outdoors. Burgers and s’mores sound so good to me, I love the wreath. So pretty on your blue door. Glad you are feeling better and enjoying walks with Ellen. ❤️

Mari said...

Hooray for Spring! I saw a few crocus blooming in my yard today.
It's been warmer here too, but cold is predicted this weekend.
Glad your back is feeling better. I am a slow learner too. :)

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Love the flowers! Glad to hear your back is better - that is very painful; be careful what you lift. With the nice weather, glad the kiddos could play outside. We have had it too and I have had some porch time.

Theresa said...

CUTE little ones enjoying the nice weather. Oh the blooms do show us that Spring has arrived. Enjoy your time outside, I know you do:) AND... take care of that back. Sending HUGS and PRAYERS across the miles.

Jean said...

I'm so glad your back is feeling better! I'm having issues with my left hand and arm "going to sleep" all the time. I really need to get an appointment at the doctor, because some nights it wakes me up and really, really hurts and I can't go back to sleep. Ugh. Just when I'm getting busier and don't really have time to have something wrong.

I really like your wreath. I got a new one too, but I'm not sure I like it.

I am so loving warmer temps and flowers!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We are also enjoying the warmer weather in NH, Doris, and looking forward to seeing some blooms here, but none yet. The daffodils are such a cheerful spring flower.