Monday, February 1, 2021

Snow and more snow

Hello from snowy 

Lancaster, PA!

It started yesterday morning.
Took a couple of breaks
and had rain, sleet, freezing rain 
for awhile this morning.

Since sometime this afternoon it's been coming down 
heavy and steady.

The kiddos are loving it!

Getting ready for a fun ride.


Nana said to get to it
cause
I was cold!! 


Ready to race down the hill....



Watch out for the trees!!



That was fun!



Up the hill to do it again.
And again.
And again!!

Some neighbor kids came later this afternoon to join them. 
They have suited up so many times today.
To be a kid again ☺

Meanwhile I decided it was time to clean my Keurig.


It's been awhile since I did it.
With our very hard water it's a necessary job to put that 
vinegar and water through it to keep it working properly.
We have gone through several coffee makers since living here.


Yesterday I got an order from Hobby Lobby.
I've not been inside a store since the end of October or so.
And it may be awhile till I'll feel comfortable shopping in person again.

I miss it terribly!
But so thankful for online ordering 
and either curbside pickup or shipping to our house.

These pretty flowers were part of the order.
I was not going to use them till closer to spring.
And I was not going to use them in this spot...
but I couldn't resist.

I love color
and with winter being so devoid of color,
other then black, white, and brown,
I need some color.


Needed something to put in this tin basket...
the greens were such a big bunch that
I cut them in half.
The rest of them are in a pitcher in the dining room.
Not sure if they will stay there but it's fine for now.

And this sign....
don't know where it will end up but I couldn't resist.

We love duct tape around here, haha!

There was more in my box.
What a fun time seeing the things chosen from my phone.
And it came so fast..3 days!

Ellen and I worked on some Valentine's...

Journey's,
 the one once a month group ministry for special needs adult's
and also her SS class at our church,
is having a drive though Valentine activity in February.
They needed help making hundreds of Valentine's.

Ellen wanted to help.
We got three bags and went about decorating cards.
Zoe helped too.

It was fun and we completed them today.
Will deliver them back to church when the roads are safer...
which means bare and dry!

That's it for today.
Please take care and stay well.

As I write this I'm listening
to worship music on my little echo dot.

So so good!
Every song is a favorite and so uplifting.

Just declared a blessing over my family, my children
 and their children and their children.

Song,
The Blessing. ♥
















5 comments:

Jean said...

I love everything in this post!! The snow, the sledding, the flowers, the Valentine decorating.... My favorite thing is that sign about duct tape and WD 40. That is SO funny!

Kathy said...

I have never been to Hobby Lobby and I so want to go. When things get better I will have to take a ride to one. There are none near me. I love the things you got.

I'm glad the kids had fun in the snow. I didn't. I got an asthma attack. Joe tried to shovel with his bad back. Our neighbor came out, yelled at him, and did our sidewalk for us. It's good to have nice neighbors. But I would rather have been on a sled going down a hill.

Theresa said...

What would we do without on-line ordering and delivery! I sure am looking forward to some Springy color. That duct tape/WD-40 sign would SO work at my house! We use duct tape for everything:) LOVE the snow but wow does it make me cold:) Enjoy your day and the view out your window. HUGS!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

You know by now that I love snow and yours was so pretty and the kiddos had a good time playing in it. I rarely go to a store and order most everything on line. Several of our grocery stores and Walmart will bring your groceries to the car. We order at home and go pick them up. I detest grocery shopping so this is very special to me. Enjoyed seeing Ellen working on her valentines.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Oh, to be a kid an enjoy a sled ride down a hill and luckily your grands can do that from home, Doris. We also had a nice snowfall but less than what you had in PA or my brother had in NJ. We stayed warm and dry indoors. Looks like you had a nice group of treats from your deliveries. We have not much on line ordering ourselves.