Thursday, January 28, 2021

A Peace Lily

 So here is an unusual occurrence....



This is a plant.

(ignore the wreath surrounding it.
Haven't figured out where to hang it 
since I took it down with Christmas stuff!)

This plant was given to us from Corey's coworkers
after Grandma Mary passed away in September. 

So what is strange about this??

I have been taking care of it and it's not dead yet,
that's what!!

In fact, it's getting new leaves...


This is remarkable indeed!
I'm being serious here...I cannot keep a plant alive.

When I worked at the nursing home 
sometimes a resident would ask me to water their plants.
I would always ask them if they were sure they wanted me to...
☺☺

Once a sweet lady asked me to water a plant that wasn't real....
now there's one I couldn't kill!

Now, I'm well aware that a peace lily isn't a difficult plant to take care of
sooooo maybe that has something to do with my success?? 

I will not be a plant lady anytime soon,
I can guarantee that!

***************************

In other news...

Ellen and I made a family favorite dessert this week.
Sooo good!

And

We are having some sunny days!
Yay! 
Cold and windy today but blue skies
is always so good.


Please keep praying for my sister.
Currently she is in the hospital.

My prayers are for Covid to be gone
and God help us to be strong!

Ok, I'm really hungry and in need of some lunch.

Take care and be well! ♥









6 comments:

Kathy said...

My grandmother used to be like you. Then suddenly it changed and she could grow anything. Maybe that will happen to you. Still praying for your sister.

Mari said...

I have the same brown thumb as you. I can't keep anything alive in the house!
Praying for your sister!

Cindy said...

When I left work at 5:00 tonight I noticed how light it was too! It gives me hope that spring is right around the corner!

I'm sorry your sister's in the hospital. That's so scary. I'll keep praying for a fast and complete recovery and for peace of mind for you.

Latane Barton said...

And.... when it blooms you will know that you have a 'somewhat?' green thumb. That cake looks yummy... wish you'd send me a slice. :>)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

And it's exactly WHY I do not keep live plants in the house - no green thumb here either. A friend gave me an amaryllis and I haven't set it up gyet. The good news is that once it blooms it's over and done because it would not survive otherwise. Sorry to read about your sister, Doris and good wishes for her recovery.
The dessert you and Ellen made looked sooo good!

Theresa said...

There is one good thing about the peace lily, it tells you when it is time to water:) I tend to over-water plants. I am praying for your Sister, my Sister Barbara isn't doing well at all. I am SO sad:( Praying for a miracle, I believe miracles happen every day! Love you!