Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Wildwood - part 3

(Posted from my phone so probably a little wonky)



 Wednesday 

Ellen had several virtual classes while 

at the beach again. 

Exercise at 9:45! 

She had it Monday morning also 
and book club that day. 
Tuesday morning was Bible Study. 
She’s a busy girl! 

We ate some lunch then went to sit in the sand. 
Finally, to the beach on this beach trip!

It was a beautiful day
but not an in the ocean day. 
There were a few brave souls who went in! 

Dale and Ellen went for a long walk on the beach,
I was super content to stay in my chair 
and listen to the ocean!

After we cleaned up again and Ellen had another 
virtual exercise with her fitness coach,
we headed out to the boardwalk 
for something to eat. 

Ellen and Dale decided on pizza
and I almost thought I wasn’t going to find 
anything GF except salad
but...
I found GF pizza!
It was so good!!

Ate back at the condo
then Ellen wanted to go to the 
boardwalk one more time. 

I decided to not go
and instead start to get some things packed
since we had to leave in the morning. 

I watched at the kitchen window
as they walked down the street 😊

Thursday 

Got up early...


What a reward!! 

We planned to take the ferry from 
Cape May to Lewes, DE
and drive home from there. 

But when I looked to make a reservation 
two days before,
the 10:30 time slot didn’t have 
room for our van! 

Our other choices were 7:00 or 2:30. 
Umm. It was NOT going to be 7:00!!

So what to do between 10 when we needed to be out of the condo
and 2:00 when we needed to be at the ferry??

Mini golf sounded fun. 
Went,
wasn’t open. 

So we drove to Cape May, 
found a nice place to park to see the ocean....
And saw dolphins!

The black dots are the dolphins 😁

Next we found the walkway in Cape May 
that borders the beach 
and walked again! 

I eventually sat on a bench and the other 
two kept going!


Stopped along the way for lunch...
Ellen had lunch,
Dale and I had breakfast. 

Then it was time to get back to the van 
and head to the ferry!


In line waiting to load!
Ellen just loves going on the ferry. 

As you can see it was a very cloudy day 
but was calm....
That is most important for me to get on a boat!!! 


Loaded and ready to head out to sea! 

Because of Covid it was much less full
than when we went last year. 
It was actually nicer.... 
Easy to find a chair and it wasn’t taken the 
Moment you left it 😊


Ellen was happy for her jacket. 
It wasn’t really cold but the sea air 
along with moving made it feel chilly. 


Seeing land!


Back to our van
to wait our turn to drive off. 
Homeward bound!

We arrived home around 7:30.

It was great to be home again! 

This certainly was a different beach vacation 
for us. 
But I’m really glad we went. 

Going to the beach always meant being 
on the beach to me. 
But I discovered that beach 
can mean discovering 
other adventures that are equally as fun. 

Love that in this year of the unusual. 
❤️❤️❤️











8 comments:

Susie said...

Doris, So happy your family did get to the beach and had fun. Ellen did very well with her classes and seems to love walking. Oh I am with you on ferry travle...no rocky boat ride for me. I have only done a couple of different ferry crossings. Yes, the ocean air feels chilly at times. Blessings to all of you, stay safe. xoxo, Susie

Mari said...

What a nice trip for the 3 of you. You sure did get the walking in. I'm with you - calm water when on the ferry is a good thing! :)
Awesome sunrise!

Laurel Wood said...

Very nice photos of your trip. I'm glad you were able to go and Ellen seems to have enjoyed it especially. Sending hugs and love. xo

Jean said...

Wow!! Just seeing the ocean again would be a delight for me. And going on the ferry would be a wonderful treat. So glad you could do this, no matter how different from the usual.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So glad you got to go to the beach and enjoyed everything even though you couldnt be on the beach the whole time.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoyed reading about your beach trip and glad that you all had a good time. Seeing the ohotos was almost like going along. Too bad about some things being closed.

Theresa said...

What a wonderful time together at the beach! I know Ellen smiled the entire time you all were there! I love the beach and have a trip planned in a few weeks. Even in cooler weather it is nice to hear the sounds of the ocean. HUGS!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So glad you got to take the trip to the beach and did so many things.