Sunday, September 27, 2020

Such Love

 Her name is Mary.

We called her

our Sweet Mary

or

Grandma Mary.

She married my Dad in 1983 

after they both experienced tremendous loss.

They were so happy!


She experienced another tremendous loss when

Dad passed away in 2009.

Yet she faced life so graciously even though it wasn't always easy.

♥♥♥♥♥

She was so much fun!

She loved us, her Paul's family.

We knew it, we felt it!


These past months with all the restrictions in place 

because of Covid,

was particularly hard for her.

It's been especially hard the past three weeks as Mary

experienced a big decline with her health.

This morning she passed from her sick body

and is now enjoying complete health

in the presence of her Jesus

and enjoying the company of all who went before her!

Oh we know that Heaven has gained a precious soul

but we here on earth are keenly feeling

her absence.

Pictures are precious memories

and express, 

at least a little bit,

 her fabulous personality.

This was taken in early March.
the last time I was with her.

♥♥♥

Grandma Mary with our grandson, Carson.
Oh how she loved the babies!


At one of our sibling weekends.



Oh I love her SOOO much!!


My mother's family loved her too!
Here she and my Aunt Irene share a laugh.



Mary was even shorter than me....
her legs didn't always reach the floor when sitting ☺



She could get us laughing till we hurt 
with her hilarious stories!



Had us laughing again!





We loved her and she loved us ♥

Mary has six sons who gave lots of time,

suited up in full protective gear due to Covid,

to be with their mother these last three weeks.

Great will be their reward...such love!



8 comments:

Mari said...

I told Jean that I felt I knew Grandma Mary personally because of all I've heard about her from the two of you. She was a dear lady and I'm thankful for the joyful reunion that took place in heaven, but I know you will all miss her greatly.
My Mom passed away 17 years ago and my Dad remarried 10 years ago. I too was blessed with a wonderful stepmom and I know what you mean about how wonderful it is too see the happiness that can happen in that situation.
Praying for all of you!

Mary Ellen said...

What a special post. Thank you!

Kathy said...

So sorry for your loss. She sounds like such a special lady. Wish I had met her. Joe and I will be praying for you and your family.

Laurel Wood said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I felt like I knew Mary thru your blog. These photos, especially, show the love and joy you all shared. Sending my love.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Our deepest condolences, Doris, to you and your family on Mary’s passing. It’s so hard to lose someone who was so special without having been able to have seen her recently.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So sorry for your loss but she is rejoicing in Heaven today, which gives comfort at these times.

Theresa said...

Oh sweet Mary! I know you all will miss her SO much! I am thankful that she is resting in the arms of Jesus! Have a blessed day my friend, BIG HUGS coming your way!

Jean said...

I loved reading about her from someone else! We really did have the best! Thank God for all the pictures to keep her memory alive.