Saturday, September 26, 2020

Wildwood - part 2

 Tuesday

Another beautiful but a little too chilly day

to head to the beach. 

Sooooo,

we went to Cape May to the lighthouse!

First time for us and it won't be the last!

Umm, was I or wasn't I going to climb
 the 199 steps to the top??

I did!
And my legs reminded me that I did every time 
I used a set of stairs for days after!


And it was so worth it!


Just breathtaking!
(the climb and the view!!)



Was very windy and kinda chilly too at the top!

Next was our packed lunch 
then to explore a bit more.

Walkway to the ocean.




And another one where a lot of birders
with binoculars were watching for something in particular.
It was very quiet
and once in awhile we'd hear,
"There's one"
I felt out of place and was sure they were wishing we
intruders would just go, ha ha ha!!

Next was to downtown Cape May.
We were there in December 2018 on a bus day tour.
Was so nice to be back!

We walked the street, looked into shops,
bought coffee.

Ellen had a mango smoothie.
This is the neatest town!!

Did you notice the horse and carriage 
in the top right?

We booked a ride!




The driver told us about the beautiful historic homes we passed.
So much beauty!!












After the ride we had to get Kohr's ice cream again
because 
they had pumpkin and cinnamon twist at the one in Cape May.
I love that combo!

            Back to the condo for dinner 
and then the boardwalk for more walking.

Ellen loves to walk and will keep going and going!
When I posted this pic on FB my sister said
it looks like she was on a mission...
I responded that she was.
She was racking up more steps for the day!!!

After while I sat and they kept going.

My back was to the ocean breeze wind and it was cold!


Was happy to see them coming back!

I'll finish with the next post.









6 comments:

Mari said...

What a fun time you are having! I love lighthouses and have climbed those stairs to the top. It's a lot - but what a view.
Glad you're having such fun!

Kathy said...

It has been many years since I was in Cape May. And I did not climb the lighthouse. It looks as if you three are having a marvelous time.

Laurel Wood said...

The lighthouse is beautiful. Your photos are wonderful! I would love the carriage ride and all those historic homes. Thanks for sharing with me. That ice cream sounds SOOOOO good! xo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Day 2 was as good, if not better than the day before. I applaud you for climbing those steps - I couldnt do it and the view was well worth it for sure. Glad you are having a fun trip.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I have never climbed to the top of that lighthouse, Doris, so yeah for you completing it and getting that great view as a reward. Cape May is a great walking down, but how nice to see it from a horse-drawn carriage. Tht Kohr's flavor combo counds delicious and just in time for the season!

Jean said...

I missed this post! Wow, I would just love to go to all those places sometime!