Monday, July 20, 2020

What's Happening??

As usual the last several months

nothing much is going on around here!

This morning someone,
that would be Bear,
 was waiting, 
patiently waiting,
 to get some fun started!
(everyone seemed to be having a slow start to the day)


So what is that contraption next to him??


This!!
Sometimes 
when you are mostly home,
when it's as hot as blazes outside,
when you live with creative people...
you get a bubble fort!!

Bear hasn't been inside,
he thinks the opening is too small.
But 
he certainly does enjoy watching the kiddos having a good time ☺


 Saturday evening
even though it was extremely hot
my son made a fire,
we  he made hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner.


I took this from the deck.
Poor guy, it had to be so hot down there!!


Later we roasted marshmallows for s'mores.
Yumm!
(yes, I roasted while roasting those marshmallows ☺)

Not much to report today!
And my watch tells me I'm sitting too much
so I guess I need to get up and move.

I'll go get me some lunch ☺☺

Take care!


Missing the beach.






11 comments:

Susie said...

Doris, I feel bad for people who have no yards to play in or sit out in. Hopefully apartment dwellers get to a park or trail some times . Ted grilled our last week and made enough to last about 3 meals. Yummy. Sure makes fixing lunch and dinner easy for me. Blessings to all of you, xoxo, Susie

Laurel Wood said...

Mr. Bear probably wanted a hamburger! Love the bubble fort. Grilled food tastes so good in the summertime and those marshmallows look tasty too. Wishing you a very nice week. xoxo

Cindy said...

A Bubble Fort?!? I want one!! That looks like SO much fun! I'll have to look around the house and see if I can make one. My granddaughter will love that!

Mari said...

You are a creative bunch, making a bubble fort!
It's been so hot here too. The beach looks awesome!

Kathy said...

Nothing going on around here either. Makes it hard to blog. I haven't had grilled food in ages, but hope to this weekend. Try to stay cool. It's wicked out there.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

The bubble fort looks like fun, even for Bear! Like anything that is grilled out and you cant beat s'mores! Have a blessed day.

Theresa said...

You all are always having fun. The fun fort, cooking food outside always taste better and marshmallows! YUMMMMMY Enjoy your day dear friend, hope you get to see the beach soon. HUGS!

NanaDiana said...

Love the 'bubble'. I don't envy your son in that heat with a fire going. lol We have avoided campfires this year because of the extreme heat. ugh. xo Diana

Karen said...

YOUR HEADER PHOTO IS GORGEOUS! TAKE CARE AND ENJOY THE DAY.

Jean said...

We got our little fire pit on a cool day in June and have used it only once. Just tooooo hot!! But I know there will be cooler evenings. And I am NOT complaining about summer weather. Actually, even as little activity as there is in our schedule this summer, it's still going by to quickly for me. I think I would like June to last at least four months every year.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I do enjoy the bear pics, Doris, and that fort was very creative and very cool, I'm sure. Even though it was hot outside, there's nothing quite like burgers and hot dogs cooked over an outdoor fire! Yes, we're missing a lot of things as well.