Friday, July 24, 2020

We're Waiting

Waiting....

Hoping to see RED sometime soon!

I'm hungry for a BLT!

Waiting....

For the geese to cross the road!

They started crossing just as were getting to this spot.
We waited
and waited
and waited.
It seemed as if another one or two would decide to 
S. L. O. W. L. Y 
cross just as it looked like we could proceed on our way.

Ellen and I were cracking up...and the line of cars behind us 
must have stretched a long way
by the time we could go! 


Yesterday I purchased zucchini
and today this...

We made it into bread!
I didn't do much of the making
since Zoe is a very good baker and is quite independent.

Here she's putting it into the oven
and then we waited!

It smells so good!
The bread will be enjoyed after dinner
or 
maybe before ☺

Take care, stay safe.

If I can be so bold....
(I do have a good reason to be so bold)

Please wear your mask when out and about. 
We thank you for being considerate 
of those whose good health depends on it. 

♥♥♥♥♥♥

P.S. 
Before dinner 😁

7 comments:

Jean said...

I’m curious where you waited for those ducks. Oregon Pike, by chance? Or Fruitville Pike? I know we waited for ducks to cross at both of those in the past.

Bless Zoe for becoming such a good baker already!

I picked a tomato from my friend Peg’s garden before it was ripe. It ripened here on my counter and is so scrumptious!

Susie said...

What a cute little baker. Oh yes, a delicious BLT for lunch. Blessings, stay safe. xoxo, Susie

Laurel Wood said...

A BLT sounds so good to me. That's cute about the ducks. Zoe looks like she really enjoys baking. You guys have a great weekend. xo

Mari said...

Tomatoes from the garden are so very good! And so are BLT's!
Cute ducks!

Kathy said...

Your tomatoes are so big! All I have are flowers. I know I got them in late and so I'm hoping we get something, That's funny about the geese. Hope we don't have that problem when we are out your way on Tuesday. That Zoe is a good little baker.

Theresa said...

We have had a few tomatoes, they just didn't do too good this year. Thankful that we have a fruit stand close by. Those geese weren't in any hurry, LOL! Teaching us to slow down perhaps. I have never had zucchini bread, it sounds yummy! I wear my mask when I go out. I carry one in my purse, several in the car and a box of them at home. I don't like it but know that it is necessary. My County isn't mandating masks but many of the stores are. I just wear it everywhere if I am not at home and try to make it match my outfit, kinda like my earrings:) This too shall pass, I have to believe that. Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope you do get some red maters soon, Doris, and Pat will surely be envious when you post photos! Zoe looks like quite an experienced baker already and our granddaughter Ellie also likes to bake better than cook.