Friday, June 19, 2020

Family Time is my Happy

Anytime I'm with family
it's a good day.
A very good day!

Sunday, June 14

Our daughter Marcy and her husband Scott
invited us all to their house 
in the late afternoon.

So thankful for nice days to sit outdoors to visit!


Marcy and Scott have such a nice big back yard!




They were all climbing on the swing set but only 
Toby was there when I snapped this picture!


Carson, Brinley, Noah
playing soccer.


Bailey came too.


Some of my loves ♥


That's the only one I got of Kim...
seated behind Cambrie!

And I missed getting a picture of Paityn.

We had a wonderful time talking and laughing.
So ready to be together for a meal too...
and we will hopefully soon.

It will be outside and probably something easy
like takeout pizza
served on paper plates.

It's better than nothing!!

After we got home...

Bear was delighted to snuggle with Zoe ♥

Earlier that afternoon a neighbor and her daughter came to visit.

The kids had a great time 
with spray can chalk!!

The stick person on the tree has gotten some attention ☺
Too funny!!


Crime scene??
Yikes.


Aww, Noah ♥


Noah showing me how to hop...
I wasn't that good when I did it ☺☺


This week Ellen and I went to get her new sneakers
at the Sketchers outlet. 

The store has recently opened
and she was waiting to get some for months.
She recently got new inserts made which are really helping her toes.
But her shoes were over a year old and worn.

The store wasn't very full, thankfully.
She was able to find a pair she liked
which will work with the inserts.

And they were having a sale with 50% off 
the second pair.

That's the way it always was
(she needs 2 pairs because of her feet being two different sizes)
but now it's usually 30% off.

While I was in that area of Lancaster
I returned a top I picked up at Kohl's on
March 13...
right before everything closed down.

Unfortunately the top did not fit me correctly
so it stayed in the bag waiting to be returned.

Kohl's wasn't busy either, thankfully.

We also shopped at BJ's this week.
Actually went inside a grocery store,
the first time in 14 weeks!

We didn't browse,
just got what we came for and left.

We will also be discussing plans for Ellen to return to work at
Lighthouse Vocational Services.

Lots of changes there
which we will discuss next week in a Skype meeting. 
Please pray for Ellen as we work through all this. 
She doesn't like change and it can feel overwhelming to her.

We are also discussing having Ellen's 
life skills companion return for some hours.
Again, that won't be like it was either. 
Ellen is missing her but has adjusted to the time away
so well. 
We are very proud of her in how she has handled
the stay at home!

We aren't going back to life as usual.
The risk is too large.
But a few things can partially return and we are thankful for that.

Ellen and I will soon be getting haircuts,
hallelujah, happy dance!!!

And our church will begin having services soon.
Haven't decided if we will join in person yet.
I want to SO badly
but it's not just me that a gathering can potentially effect.

Living in consideration of others is my desire.

Wishing you all a beautiful weekend!

We often are at the beach starting Father's day weekend.
Still looking to rent something later this summer
or in September.







8 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Looks like beautiful weather to get together at Marcy's. I love all the fun pictures. I know you and Ellen look forward to hair cuts. I had mine cut yesterday. I hope it won't be long until you and your family can have a pizza dinner together! Happy Father's Day weekend. xo

Mary Ellen Witmer said...

Always a delight to get a window into your life and family. Great pictures.
Mary Ellen

Susie said...

Tell Ellen, I some times do not like change either. I loved seeing all the family photos. So nice. I can not wait to hug my daughters and their families. I miss that. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I enjoyed all the pictures and it looks like everyone had a good time. New shoes and a haircut are two plusses!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to see these hapy family times, Doris. yeah on getting some sense of normalcy and shoes for Ellen and getting out. We are not straying far from home and spending afternoons sitting by the riverside is much of our enjoyment these days and it's really hot here this weekend.

Karen said...

HOPE YOU WILL ALL GET TO GO ON VACATION THIS SUMMER!!

Theresa said...

I am so happy that you got to be with family. We have SAFELY visited a few times with family. Outside is the best and all the littles can run around and play. Things are opening up but like you, I am being very cautious when I shop. My Church is having in-house services but I am just not ready to be in a small space with lots of people. Others are going, I am just not ready. Enjoy your day dear Doris, Happy Father's Day to all of the Father's in your family! HUGS!

Jean said...

Your time together at Marcy's looks wonderful!! And you really did go shopping, didn't you?

We were pleasantly surprised to be invited over to Anthony and Lori's for a Father's Day cookout. There were rules, of course, and I had to remind Hunter several times that we can't get too close. But it was a real morale booster for me to be there.