Friday, June 26, 2020

One Step at a Time



Thought I'd do a short post.

Not much happening as in going places
and doing things!

But decisions are being made in how much to bring back for Ellen 
as the county is opening up more.

We hope to bring back her life skills companion
2 half days a week.

She could begin exercising in the gym again.
She will continue doing her weekly virtual sessions for now
and go back  later, maybe.
Happy for that option!

She could go back to Lighthouse (her place of employment) again.
But she is not ready.

So she will continue the virtual classes from Lighthouse
which she has been involved in and really enjoys.
Again, so happy for the option!

They have put a lot of good things in place at Lighthouse 
to keep everyone safe
but Ellen says she's not ready.

One step at a time!

Good news....

Ellen and I got haircuts!!!

It feels SOOOO good!!

Sorta weird getting a cut with a mask on but that's a small sacrifice indeed.

We had the last tree cut down last week.

The fearless climber!






The tree guy wanted the logs.
He drug them to the street then put them on a truck.

The whole process was so interesting to watch!

Have a great last weekend of June!
(can you believe it???)


8 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Beautiful photo, Doris! I know when you have short hair, how nice it is to finally get a cut! I love your hydrangea, too. So thankful that Ellen has options that she enjoys. It's always amazing to watch tree cutters. I know you are glad to have that job over with! All the best to you all this weekend. xo

Susie said...

Doris, Brave tree guy. :) I think you will be able to relax knowing no tall trees will fall. I wish the very best for Ellen. You look so cute in your new hair cut. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Kathy said...

At last we are (almost) all green. Did you see the map where Philly is green and yellow striped? It is good to let Ellen decide what is right for her. She will know when she is comfortable. Great that you got a haircut. I really need mine evened out but we aren't open yet. You're looking good!

Jean said...

It really is fun to watch trees being cut down. Unfortunately I got to watch more of that than I wanted to last summer. I really miss the pine trees across the street that used to hide the ugly house over there, hahaha!

That hair cut picture is the best!! Your face says it all!

Mari said...

I can't believe we are almost into July. It seems once the 4th comes, summer rushes by...
Nice haircut - you look cute! I got mine done this week too. Such a relief. You're right, it is strange to get it cut with a mask on.
Glad things are starting to open for you!

Theresa said...

Beautiful! I loved getting my hair done too and yes I wore my mask! I pray that Ellen will get back to her routine when the time is right and safe. You all are doing a great job keeping her involved virtually! Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

The haircut is very nice as I am a short hair person too. Glad Ellen is making it ok through all this. Bet getting that last tree down was a relief of sorts. Have a happy weekend.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to see your new short haircut, Doris, and we got ones too last week. Like you, we are thankful for these small pleasures. Hope all goes well for Ellen in the coming weeks. It’s been a tough haul for so many folks.