Friday, June 5, 2020

A Little Fun in our Backyard

It's June!
I'm good with that ☺

As of today our county has moved into the 
yellow stage of reopening.

To me it doesn't seem like much of a change.

More stores can open....
with restrictions.

I'll wait a bit before shopping.
Wearing a mask is so uncomfortable
and not something I ever want to get used to....

but I will wear it!

No haircut yet until the next stage.

On to happier subjects ☺

This happened last week...

The kids got a zip-line for  Christmas.

We had to wait for the trees that needed to come down
and then the cleanup after
before it actually was put up.

Oh the fun!!
(for everyone but me..
I'm good with watching!)

Ellen went too!


A stump was added to give more independence!
We seem to be blessed with those these days ☺







This week they added wood chips.

One of the kids said it was the best gift ever ☺

That evening we made a fire 
to cook some hot dogs and s'mores,
YUM!

He wanted to do a marshmallow for me and Ellen.


Sweet kid  ♥


It was delicious!!


A little chair balancing on his head...
what will this kid think of next??



This week brought some weather in the 80's 
and a few thunderstorms.
Not bad storms here
but some areas did have wind that brought down trees.

Ellen hates thunder and lightening.
Was a challenging few days for her.
She is very tuned in to local weather reports
and constantly will give us updates on when bad weather is to arrive.



The last day of school was yesterday.
The kids are excited for summer 
although it will be far from normal.

But we already lived through some very unusual times, 
so what's a few more?



I'll close with a photo from June 2017.

Our Ellen at her Challenger Baseball game!

Good times, good memories!



6 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh what fun! I don't zip-line but my grand kids had fun doing that recently. It rained SO hard here today, thunder and lightning... scary and I was stuck at the grocery store! Enjoy your evening with your sweet family. Happy that your area is making progress to reopen. I am still staying in except for grocery shopping and visiting my little family! I wear a mask and don't enjoy it. Enjoy your evening dear friend, HUGS!

Laurel Wood said...

If you remember the home we shared with mother (Nalley Valley) the young family that bought it put in a zip line. I have never tried it but I know your grands and Ellen have a blast! The hot dogs and s'mores sound good too. We have a small fire pit here from the previous owner but we've never used it. I wish each of you a nice weekend. xo

Susie said...

Doris, I had to laugh about the chair balancing. So cute. Oh yes, the zip line would be tons of fun for young kids. There's been one put up in our city park. Not high, just to zip across a stretch. Hope things do not get worse for covid out breaks. I am scared it may . But I pray for all of us. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Mari said...

The zip line is so cool and I bet it will get a lot of use.
I love the photo of your grandson roasting the marshmallow with that big smile!
Our governor just said haircuts will be allowed starting the 15th! So exciting!
I am anti masks, I really feel like they do more harm than good, but I have to wear them at work, and wear them in places that require them...
I hope the weather stays ok for Ellen's sake!

Jean said...

That zip line is awesome!!! I agree that's the best Christmas gift ever - for them, haha!

I really hope you don't have to wait too long to move to Green. It's starting to feel a bit more normal around here. Everyone still wears masks. It will be amazing to be able to go without someday, hopefully.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Backyard zip lining does seem safer than going someplace now, but like you I’m good with passing on it, Doris. The wood chips were a good idea for any mishaps and looks like everyone was having fun. Nothing better to enjoy than a freshly made s’mores.