Friday, May 29, 2020

It's Not Happening

I'm sure you have had to cancel or postpone
many fun events, too,
that you were looking forward to.

Ellen and I were to go to NYC 
in 2 weeks to see Frozen on Broadway. 

2019 NYC trip

Trip was canceled but we re-booked in November
hoping we could maybe go then.

But,

Frozen, the Broadway show,
is now permanently canceled.

We will not get to see it, ever!  

So incredibly disappointed.


I was to go to the State College area today
with my sister to spend the weekend 
at another sister's house.

Covid 19 has changed all that too.

Disappointed is not a strong enough word. 

Taken last year.

Still hoping it can happen yet this year.
We always have the best time
and is always just what I needed!


This July is to be the big Witmer family weekend
held at Refreshing Mountain.

2018

It's still up in the air whether it will happen.
Probably won't. 
Hopefully it can be rescheduled for next July. 

No summer vacation for us has been planned. 
Things are still too uncertain to schedule anything.

We were going to do an overnight in Gettysburg
 with 4 of our grandchildren.
That is on hold too.

Our Moms/daughters beach weekend 
in September is still on.
Oh how I hope it will happen!

2019 beach trip


But
we have our health
we have enough food
we have adequate shelter
we are not alone
we have means to connect with others
I have a bunch of books to read (electronically)
hubby is getting unemployment, 
a first for self employment

WE ARE BLESSED!!

Currently pouring and storming a little bit.



A purple iris is blooming!
I brought several from my sister's flower beds
when we were up there last year.

Thrilled to pieces to see one bloom!


We will have hydrangeas this year!!!

Second time in 6 years...
but who's counting ;-)

Have a great weekend, my friends!








8 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I'm so sorry. I know how disappointing all of this is. I sure enjoyed your photos from previous years. God bless you and yours this weekend. xo

Susie said...

Doris, I know that you must be disappointed about all the lost family and friends outings. I hope some can still be done. My bluesy moments are when I need hugs from my family....no hugs is not good. Praying God will show his loving mercy to the world. We all need prayers. Blessings to you and your sweet family, xoxo, Susie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You are right, Doris, in that plans have changed for so many people but as you also said, we are safe, well and for that we are also most thankful. Hopefully, you and your family will be able to do something fun together before too long. We do not have any plans now, other than to enjoy ourselves here in NH.

Mari said...

Much to be thankful for. We are supposed to be in upper Michigan right now and through the weekend. Our daughter Laura and her husband gave us a stay at a lodge with them and the girls. It's been cancelled and rescheduled twice now. We're trying again in 3 weeks... But we have our grands over for the first time since all this started, so for that we are thankful.
I hope some of your things can still be done.

Jean said...

Great big UGH!! We would probably be watching a good movie right now and laughing ourselves silly and....

Yet like you said, we do have much to be thankful for.

Cindy said...

I'm sorry you've had to cancel so many vacations! My husband and I were supposed to go to Louisiana and Alabama in March but had to cancel. We'd like to reschedule but don't know if anything we had wanted to see will be open. So we wait. My sister is coming up here in July so I'm looking forward to seeing her. I love the idea of a mom and daughter trip! Great idea! I hope it happens for you this year.

Kathy said...

So much is cancelled and who knows when things will open now. I'm so glad to know that God is in control of everything. I have to keep reminding myself of this. Hope you can get together with your family soon.

Theresa said...

SO many family events have been canceled for us too! It is VERY sad about NYC and all of the destruction/cancellations everywhere! YOUR blooms are beautiful and YES... we are totally blessed! Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!