Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Birds, Flowers, Squirrels, Walks

Our nice days have gone away.
Today it's cold, damp, and yuck. 
(in my opinion ♥)

I won't even tell you what's ahead...
Saturday I won't want to take my head out of the covers. 
Yuck.

On a better note....

Birds

We have birds visiting the bird feeder!

This was taken on Sunday.
Rose breasted grosbeak's are beautiful!

We have not seen them since...
I guess they have moved on.

The cardinal's haven't visited much either.
They will come back,
I know they are around.

We also have a thief ☺

Squirrels

 This fella dropped right off 
as the bird feeder rocked from the jump!

But of course

This was today. Crazy squirrels!

Flowers

Our neighborhood is so beautiful in spring!



Outside our home...
these were already here when we moved
6 years ago!
The anniversary of the move was this past weekend.

Still pretty even in the rain!

And these....

Our little lilac did good this year ☺


Walks too

We went on a longer one on Sunday
because it was a beautiful day!


Shorter one today
because
it is NOT warm and NOT dry!!

Ellen likes to go at least 4 times a day.
It keeps her sane ☺

One last thing for today...

It's someone's birthday today
and he thought he should have a cookie
first thing...
he asked his Nana (that's me)
and you know I could not deny!

We kept it our little secret, hehe.

That's it for today.

We are well.
We are blessed.
And I intend to keep focus on the positive!

God bless you and give you peace.
 ♥♥♥





9 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy House Anniversary to you and your family, Doris and while I remember well your happiness on finding your new home, of course, I didn't recall the date.Those years did pass by quickly. yes we are also not getting any spring weather so I could identify with you being bundled up. Nice that you and Ellen are getting out for walks. yes, it does keep us sane as well. Belated Happy Birthday wishes to your grandson and sure he deserved a cookie in the morning!

Mari said...

It looks so pretty around you! Love the flowers!
We are supposed to get snow on Saturday... :(
I think a cookie for breakfast is a grand idea on your birthday - especially if Grandma is around!

Karen said...

YOUR YARD AND STREET ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL. A LOVELY PLACE TO WALK

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Love the flowers all around; wish I had some azeleas blooming as pretty as yours. Walkng 4 x's a day would do me in for sure but so good for her and would be for me. I love the cookie for breakfast too.....a fellow needs a treat on his birthday!

Theresa said...

Beautiful blooms, you know I love them:) Happy Birthday with a cookie first thing of course! A nice walk always helps me too! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

wisps of words said...

-chuckle- We are colder and I'm not going to tell you, what we may get this weekend, either. >,-))))

Gorgeous Header pic, BTW.

Good for both of you and the "Grand", to get out for a wee walk.

Oh yes, your neighborhood is lovely with spring blooms!

Of course, he could have a cookie, first thing!!! Happy Birthday to him!!!!!

Find Beauty
Especially
In This Time
Of Pain...
🌱💛🌱💛🌱

Laurel Wood said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NOAH! IT IS EVEN COLD/WINDY/RAINY IN GA TODAY. GOOD FOR YOU AND ELLEN WALKING IN SPITE OF THE YUCKY WEATHER! LOVE THE PRETTY BIRDS IN THE FEEDER. AND THOSE SQUIRRELS ARE GOOFY!!! I WANT TO WISH YOU A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. XOXO MILDRED

NanaDiana said...

Doris, Doris, Doris. A cookie first thing in the morning? Seriously?LOL You are sounding more like me by the minute...maybe all us Nanas are alike. lol
Great pictures and your yard is gorgeous. What a pretty place to call home.
Hope you have had a wonderful Mother's Day- xo Diana

Jean said...

Finally catching up here! Still can’t believe your beautiful lilacs. I’m convinced the ones around here must have gotten frozen at a strategic point in their growth this spring.

Good for the walks with Ellen. I have enjoyed walking on nice days, but can’t make myself go out in rain and cold. Yesterday I forced myself to walk because it was beautiful, but my hip was killing me.