Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Mother's Day 2020

It was a good day,
my Mother's Day.

Different, that's for sure,
but good
even in these strange times we are living in.

The day before I was given these...


Aren't they beautiful?
They are from the three Grands we live with ♥

On Sunday Ellen surprised me with....

More beauty!!

My lunch ` 

A GF BBQ chicken wrap from Scoop's
and their homemade potato chips!

Ordered and paid from my phone,
then we picked it up at their takeout window.
Easy peasy.

Scoop's is a favorite little restaurant near us
and our first takeout meal since all this stay in place stuff started.
Whoop Whoop!!
So good. 

I posted on FB,

Proud as punch to be the mother of these 6!!

order of birth...
Kim, Marcy, Corey, Gina and Greta (twins), Ellen

That afternoon Gina, Justin and Bailey (the puppy) came.
They brought me an Amazon gift card!

There's Bailey!
She's getting so big.

Then Greta and her family came too!

We visited outside and the kids ran around the yard.



My heart was bursting!
Would have been better to have them in the kitchen 
and around the table...
Oh God, hear my cries!
(and see my tears)

Someday before too long, I hope.


Greta made GF brownies for me!
We enjoyed them later in the day with ice cream.
Yum yum!!

After they all went back home again
we did a family walk...

Some walked, some rode ☺

The girls dressed for the chilly evening,
the young boys in shorts!!
Oh my. 

It was a very good day.

Smiles on my face as I remember that day!
♥♥♥♥♥♥


6 comments:

Jean said...

That was a really special day! I guess they call that making lemonade out of lemons. But we're getting tired of making lemonade, aren't we?

Karen said...

I KNOW YOU MISS ALL THE FAMILY. GOD BLESS YOU

Mari said...

I love the tulips! My favorites.
I also love Ellen's smile on that pic. She is enjoying herself.
Glad you got to see them. Hope soon it will be in the home. :)

Kathy said...

What a great day you had. That was so nice that you got to see so many people in your family. The flowers are beautiful.

Laurel Wood said...

I love this post! Love your family and these wonderful pictures. The flowers are so pretty. So happy you enjoyed some delicious food from Scoops! The brownies look so good! Nice that you could take a walk even if it was chilly. Sending love to you all!

Theresa said...

Oh the smile on your face, yes I see it. What a wonderful day! I know you loved seeing everyone, even at a distance. This too shall pass! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!