Tuesday, April 7, 2020

A Few Nice Days


Warmer days are always welcome as we transition from early spring
into mid spring.

Not having a late snow storm is indeed a plus!

Nice days to get outside during a stay in place order is off the charts good ☺

Soooo,

I've been on my porch.
This morning I grabbed a cover and drank my smoothie out there.
Totally enjoyed the birds chirping all over the woods.
(all the while ignoring the fact that the porch needs a good cleaning!)


Yesterday afternoon I took a chair from the porch to the deck
to get some vitamin D!
(again, ignored the dirty table)



I picked a few flowers to enjoy inside.
(ignored the water splashed window. Need a chair to reach it...
I'll get to it ☺)


I have enjoyed my afternoon coffee out there too.

Things like porch sitting on a nice day is vital to my well being.
Especially right now.


Ellen has been wanting to try riding bike again.
It's been many years since she outgrew her bike 
and eventually didn't have interest in riding.

On Sunday afternoon she tried with Christy's bike
and she did it!
Not ready for a long ride yet but she will get there.

She's been going on walks with her dad every day possible!
It's one way for her to get out of the house 
and not go crazy. ☺

Yesterday in the mail...

...came this beautiful flower colored by
our 5 yr old grandson, Carson.

Pop Pop got one too
and he also sent one to his best friend cousin, Noah!

Talk about making our day ♥♥♥

Love it, Love him.
Missing my family tremendously
but we will stay apart
(other than the ones we live with of course)
in order to be safe.

Everyone is well and we have much to be thankful for.

Faith 
Hope 
Love









6 comments:

Jean said...

Thank God for our warm weather this week!!! I keep seeing snow in my FB memories, and am so thankful we aren’t dealing with that this year.

It will be AMAZING when we can finally be with our grandchildren. Lord, hear our cry!

Kathy said...

I am so glad you have places where you can get out of the house. It is good for us, but I tend to hibernate in front of the TV. I am going to have to start taking a break in the afternoon and sit out in my yard.

Good for Ellen taking up biking again. I never learned to ride a bike and often wish I had. I would be biking around the place.

I tell myself it is another week down and that much closer to when we can get back to being with other people. I just saw on the news that Wuhan, China reopened to normalcy again today. Can it be that far off for us?

Mari said...

Good for Ellen!
Your porch is the perfect place for nice weather.
We had a beautiful day today, but serious storm warnings tonight. Wish we had a porch to enjoy it!

Cindy said...

I LOVE your porch and deck! Something I daydream about having one day. The front of our house just begs for a front porch, it's got the perfect space and I can imagine it every time I go out the front door. Your grandson has a big heart! My husband and I usually go out to lunch with our middle daughter and granddaughter every Sunday. This past weekend we got take out and met at a park. We ate in our cars, parked side by side. We're all having to live differently and hopefully this will end soon.

Theresa said...

It is nice to get outside, I have been doing the same. LOVE getting a pretty picture in the mail. Yours is beautiful and I know it made you smile. Way to go Ellen! Bike riding is fun and good exercise! Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I knew that as soon as the weather was warm enough you would be sitting on the porch or outside, Doris, good for you. No worries about the dirty deck floor, table or windows as they will all get sorted out in time. I recall a sign my friend used to have in her house "Housework will make you ugly" and I'm not taking ANY chances. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!