Friday, March 27, 2020

Thursday was a Good Day

Any of you struggling to figure out what day it is??

The other day when I got up

(which is getting later and later
because no one needs to go anywhere
so what's  the point??)

and went to my pill organizer
(what I do every morning)

I had to think hard what day it was!
The day before I had filled it 
so no empty spaces as a clue!

I eventually figured it out...
it's still good to use my brain ☺

Yesterday was a good, no, great day in our neighborhood.

The teachers from the elementary school 
were doing a drive by parade!

They couldn't come to our street because we are a cul-de-sac.

It was a beautiful day,
the first in awhile,
so some of us walked to the development below us to see the teachers.
Zoe didn't want to walk so Christy drove.


Sooo good to see these blooms!!


I put on my sneakers and off we went!

Let me tell you something you may not expect,

I haven't worn sneakers (any sneakers) in about a year!
I've had these shoes for several years and only wore them a few times.

I don't like sneakers!! 
If it had been warmer I would have worn my Crocs sandals.
My feet love them. ☺


A beautiful day for a walk!


There were a lot of cars,
some decorated, some with signs,
all of them honking the horn
and teachers waving!

Many called out a hello and that they missed the kids.

It was amazing!!

I wiped a few tears.

We will be patient.
We will be strong.
We will be able to go about life again, 
at least in a somewhat familiar way,
as we have known it.
All in good time!!

But won't we all be so much more appreciative of
life that what we were a few weeks ago?!!

Our neighborhood also had an art show.

This is what we displayed.

Love it!

Some of the neighborhood art displays.



Neighbors and walkers stopped to look at the art ♥



Also, an art teacher that our kids had in the Primary center 
walked our street to see the displays!!

So heartwarming.

A morale booster for everyone!


Earlier in the day 
Ellen had an exercise session with her trainer
by Facetime!




She got a very good workout 
without one single piece of equipment! 

Fitness4Focus is amazing!


Life is calling me back to some dusting and sweeping.
That crazy stuff will not go away ☺

Take care dear friends!




7 comments:

Karen said...

THAT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Lorraine said...

Is your neighborhood doing the bear hunt?
Lorraine

Jean said...

I just love all the creativity!! Today is so gorgeous it’s almost possible to forget what’s going on.

Mari said...

What fun things! Our Ruby's school also had a teacher parade and the kids love it. The art show is such a good idea too.
Pretty daffodils!

Theresa said...

I saw some of the parades on TV, awesome that they did this. I also love the art display. Outside is a good place to be when we have all been having to stay put. We will make it through this and appreciate normal when it returns!
Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Some teachers are doing the same thing here and the kids are loving it. Never thought I would hear a kid say they 'wanted' to go to school but these two do! Maybe it wont be too much longer.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for sharing the teacher's parade and the local art show. It's good that these spontaneous pop-ups are keeping spirits up. We are not wearing shows except when we go out for walks or to the store. Slippers are our favorite footwear and I have several pairs!