Saturday, March 14, 2020

Change

Change

Lots of changes happening here
as it is in your world too, I'm sure!

The weather is changing!

We are experiencing an early spring...
and I'm thrilled!

Doesn't happen often that we have daffodils blooming 
on our daughter Marcy's birthday.
But this year we did!

Marcy had a birthday on March 11.

This picture was taken on the very hot day that she graduated from college!




I hung the spring wreathes....

This one is new this year...
but I had to tweak it to make it better =)
Changed the bow and added more flowers.


Had this one for several years and still love it!


This kid thinks summer has arrived,
take a look....

Bare feet!


No sleeves.....

and this was me that same day (Thursday)
Hahahaha!!
I was freezing!

Yesterday...NO shirt!!
(it was a nice day but maybe not THAT nice ☺)


We've had some really nice days and I did get to sit on the porch....
after I did a quick wipe of my chair and the table.

Wasn't planning to use the table 
but I couldn't stand to look at the dirt either!

Yup, the icicle lights are still up ☺


Another change

One day I was 65 and the next day I was 66!

Yes, yesterday was my birthday!
I had a relaxing day....
went to the mall to pick up a new top I ordered from Kohl's.

The store was very empty!
A good thing I suppose.

Then I went to get my picture taken for my drivers licence.
They took me as soon as I was registered!

Guess there's a first for everything.
That never happens.

Next, I went across the street to get my free
Starbucks coffee 
because it was my birthday  and I could get a free one!

There was a very long line.
I found out later that Starbucks is not serving anyone from 
inside the store right now.
Had no idea!


I enjoyed every single sip!
Did I tell you that it was FREE? ☺

Came home and made myself a salad for lunch
although it was way past lunch time.
I was very hungry!

Christy made dinner.
Ellen made a cake and decorated it too!

I didn't get a close up picture of the cake =(

She used a bird cookie cutter
and sprinkles to place several birds on the cake.
So sweet!

And the little guy insisted on the number, haha!


Yup, 18!!

The kiddos sang happy birthday real crazy like =))

Noah ended it very sweetly ♥



It was a great day!

And  beautiful one too!



More changes

No school in session for two weeks

No church services on Sunday
(the church we currently attend is over 250 people)

County libraries are closed

Stores are running out of toilet paper
 (people are absolutely nuts!)

The dance that Ellen was going to attend last evening was canceled

The group activity she was planning to attend on Monday evening
is canceled.

(Ellen doesn't always handle change very good
and the next weeks could prove to be challenging.
So far so good!)

Baseball just stared for the oldest Grand we live with 
but is canceled until further notice.

The Middle school play that a neighbor is in 
and Christy and Zoe were going to attend last evening 
is postponed. No date announced yet of course.

We plan on making the best out of this unexpected time of great change.

No large group gatherings is for the best for sure!

May we all just keep our radar up and tuned to be ready to
assist anyone in need of help to weather this 'storm'.

God bless and be well!





5 comments:

Mari said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day.

Kathy said...

Happy birthday! Now you and I are the same age again for the next 9 months. Sounds like a lovely day. It was warm yesterday, 74* here, but I don't think I would have gone barefoot or sleeveless. Changes are hard for everyone I hope Ellen is OK through all of this. Hopefully in two weeks things will be back to normal. It is about the same in Philly as it is there.

Theresa said...

It looks like you had a GREAT b'day, 18 looks good on you:) It is the same here, everything canceled. I haven't been to the store because I made a huge grocery shopping trip last week before all the chaos started. I will enjoy the day/week ahead and catch up on some much needed chores around the house. I pray for safety and good health for all of us! HUGS!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Children dont get cold like we adults do....my grands have been wearing shorts for days now. Looks like you had a fun birthday and am so glad. Our church is big too and going to stream online this morning so I will get to hear the service after all. Take care of all and have a happy Sunday.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy Birthday (once again) Doris and looks like you had a great day, despite that Starbucks line and Free is always nice! We are in lock down mode here in NH as well with cancellations, and closings all around. The panic buying is just as crazy here and hopefully the stores will be able to restock paper products again and have them remain on the shelves for longer than 5 min.