Sunday, March 8, 2020

A Few Fun Activities

Oh how I love the light skies as I begin this just before 7 pm!!

We are having a beautiful day and is to be even more warm tomorrow.

Here's just a few things I did since I wrote last...

On Thursday evening I attended a 4th grade chorus program.
Our granddaughter, Zoe, was right up front.
I could only get a picture of her when the director moved from the center!



The program was very creative....
All the songs were related to a book the whole grade had read. 

Many students read passages from the book between songs.

Zoe had a turn too!
She read it so well!!


Then she sang with several other students...


And she sang a solo for the last line!
I don't think I got a picture of the solo...
I was too busy being a proud Nana ♥

She did an amazing job!!


Her other grandparents gave her flowers!
Our little girl is growing up so fast....
be still my heart ♥

Friday was a yucky rainy, cold day.
I had things to do and really wanted to go to the grocery store
but I just wasn't feeling good enough to go out.

I took it easy all day.

Saturday was much better!

I started a crockpot full of chicken and sauce at 8:30
for pulled chicken sandwiches 
which we were taking to a family gathering later.

I also wanted to make coleslaw
 but I just bought some so take 
since I didn't get out to get the cabbage the day before.

The Zimmerman/Witmer gathering...

Our family (the Witmer's) and our step-mothers family (the Zimmerman's)

Our sweet Mary visiting with some of her grandchildren.
We all love her so much!

Announcements from a few of the Zimmerman brothers before the meal.
We had lots of really good food.
My crockpot full of chicken was completely emptied!

There's also a big gym where the kids have a blast playing games and riding their toy cars.


It was really good to be together again!

This morning we attended the 9a service at church
 then went for breakfast at Columbia diner. 
One of our daughters likes to eat there but it was a first for us.

We loved it!
We were seated right away, our server was very pleasant,
and the food came out very quickly. 

Ellen said we must go there again.
And we will.

The rest of my day was spent reading and relaxing.
I like a Sunday like that once in awhile.

Wishing you all a good week!
Stay well!

5 comments:

Mari said...

Hooray for Zoe! Don't you hate when you go to a program and the one you came to see is hidden. That happened to me last year with Alaina's Christmas program.
I love your Zimwit gatherings and seeing Grandma Mary. You are all blessed to have each other!

Karen said...

GLAD YOU GOT TO SEE THE PROGRAM AND VISIT WITH MARY. HAVE A BLESSED WEEK.

Theresa said...

Zoe has gotten so big and talented too! I love your family gatherings, keep doing them:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Jean said...

I just love that Zoe is carrying on the Witmer singing talent.

I didn’t notice the later daylight yesterday because I was too busy with Hunter’s birthday meal at Anthony and Lori’s. But I am very much looking forward to driving home from my 6:15 PM piano lesson in daylight this evening!!

There’s always so much going on at the Zimwit gathering, so it’s fun to see the pictures others take. Somehow I missed a bunch of things in the gym that you and Mary Ellen has pictures of.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, your granddaughter Zoe is growing up and kudos to her for her singing. You deserved a Sunday of doing nothing after that busy weekend, Doris.