Saturday, February 22, 2020

Short Post

I'm going to attempt a really short post.
It was another busy week filled with appointments and childcare.

Ellen and I headed to York on Monday for her first appointment for the week.
This Dr is almost always behind schedule
(but we still really like him ☺)
but not this day...
we were pleasantly surprised to be seen 15 after the scheduled time.

We did some shopping and had lunch at Wendy's before going home.

The next day was an appointment for this...

Getting molds for inserts .

It's been a long time since she's had them.
And the phone calls concerning the script...
who it needed to be from, etc, etc....oh my.

It ended eventually by what they really needed
 was the medical record from the dermatologist who recommended them.

The cost may still not be covered.

She was a little bored that day so she helped me make dinner.

A hamburger and shredded potato dish. 
It was very good and not a bit was left in the dish!

On Wednesday after preschool,
this kid wanted a special treat.

Hot chocolate with whipped cream!


Thursday I had a fun day with this kid...

He had a cyber school function at Hershey Chocolate World
and I got to take him!

We had the best time!!

First we looked around before we needed to meet the group.

Yum, Hershey Kisses!
(we took a small bag home ☺)


He asked me to send this to him....this area is really neat!

Time for the real reason we are there...

The 4D movie!
It was fun!
One part you thought the spilled soda was coming right at you..
and you really did get sprinkled on
by water =)

Of course we went on the free ride too
and got a snack chocolate bar
twice
because we went on it twice!

 This part of Chocolate World never gets old.


The BIG painting of Milton Hershey as you enter the ramp/walkway to the ride.


The windows overlooking the merchandise are nice, hehe!

Before going home we had to eat, of course.
To Red Robin we go!



They have the best gluten free sandwich roll 
but I got a salad.
He got a bacon burger and fries.
We were properly filled!

Love this kid, loved spending the day with him too!

*****************************

So this wasn't all that short.
Guess I don't know how to do short!

Take care and God bless you!

7 comments:

Buttercup said...

I'm not good with short either, but I loved seeing all your Hershey pictures. I was there with my parents decades ago and it brought back great memories. Have a wonderful week.

Kathy said...

I loved seeing Hershey. Someday I am going to get there. It looks like so much fun.

Jean said...

Wow, that movie sounds fun! We didn’t see that last year when we went with Sam and the kids.

Orthotics. A foot doctor fitted me with a pair when I was teaching and they were wonderful until I got plantar fasciitis. Then they didn’t feel good anymore. So they lay in my dresser drawer for over ten years. This winter I put them inside the low boots that I wear whenever I leave the house and they feel great again! I hope Ellen’s feet will feel good with her new ones.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I have always heard how much fun it is and it looks like you two did it all.

Theresa said...

I wanna go there. That looks like a fun day to me. Enjoy your Sunday dear Doris, HUGS!

Karen said...

THAT LOOKS LIKE A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT. GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME THERE.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

How nice that you got to spend he day with your oldest grandson. It looks like the two of you had a fun (and delicious) time together, Doris. We also enjoyed that ride!