Sunday, February 16, 2020

A Glimpse into My Week

Sunday is usually a very good day.

Today 
we worshiped the Lord at church 
which is always good!

After that we had a wonderful lunch at Fuddrucker's
with some of our family,
daughter Gina and her soon to be husband Justin, 
daughter Kim and grandson Andrew.
That is always good!!

Instead of taking pictures, I just enjoyed being today ♥

Yesterday morning Zoe saw a cardinal in a tree
 outside the dining room window.
I grabbed my phone....and just about got a picture...
but it flew away just as they always do!

I got this instead...

Sweet girl!


We stood there a bit to enjoy the blue sky.

She liked the deep blue to the very light blue at the horizon.

I told her that I was waiting for the day when there were leaves on the trees again ☺
(and the view feels more secluded....not that this is bad)

It was very cold out there, by the way!

More weather pictures....

Valentine's day sun!
We haven't had many sunny days this winter.


Foggy day on Thursday.
Warmer but foggy.

For Valentine's day Ellen made us cupcakes.
She worked with her life skills coach 
as she always does each Wednesday and Friday.

Let's just say she wasn't having fun....
she was challenged with a lack of 
good focus and a good attitude.

Lots of deep breaths for me....
her dear coach, Mary, just kept a steady encouragement going.
I had to smile when I heard Ellen say she needs chocolate!
☺☺☺☺

I offered to make the icing and Ellen asked me to decorate them too.

The cupcakes shaped like a heart (somewhat!).

They are yummy!


Hubby brought these flowers home for me...
I always use this white pitcher for flowers!

I love flowers, especially in the winter when color is scarce.

Yesterday I came across this movie on TV.

Are you a Mama Mia fan?
I love this movie, and the second one too!

Love the music 
and the memories of watching it
 with girl friends 
(mom and daughters beach trip, 
mom and daughters at the Fulton theater,
movie and dinner with girlfriends)
 and sisters, 
Mary Ellen and Jean during a sister weekend.

Ellen doesn't do many puzzles anymore
but she recently finished this one.

Her sister, Kim, gave it to her for Christmas.

Can you see where there's a missing piece?
I'm sure it's around here somewhere...
It's all good ☺♥

Till next time....


8 comments:

Mari said...

Glad you had a good day! It was sunny and cold here too.
Love your flowers in that pitcher!

From the Kitchen said...

I love Mama Mia! I've seen both movies. I saw it when it opened on stage in Chicago. I saw it when it came back to Chicago. I saw it on Broadway. If you think that's overkill, I've seen Cats in Lubbock, TX, Charleston, S.C., twice in Chicago and once in London, England.

Best,
Bonnie

Vintage Girl 901 said...

Yes, I’m back, I think...Your day looks beautiful! Blue skies! I’m so over the winter rains. I’m ready for Spring! Thanks for being a great friend and encouragement on FB. Hopefully I can drop by here more often. Trying to slack off on social media. Well, I’m just trying to post and go.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I always enjoy catching up with you and your family. There is always something going on for sure. Ellen's cupcakes look good and bet they were. The bright blue sky makes me long for spring even more. Have a good week ahead.

Theresa said...

Oh what pretty blue skies! I am also looking forward to the leaves back on the trees, I guess we will have to wait a bit longer! Nice puzzle Ellen, even with a missing piece! I will take one of those cupcakes, PLEEZE:) Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

Cindy said...

Yes, I love Mama Mia!! I like the first one better than the second, but they're both good. And your view, I'm SO surrounded by evergreen trees that I've asked the Lord if I can have a view when I get to heaven. "If at all possible Lord, can I have a room with a balcony?" :)

Jean said...

Everything here looked good and I enjoyed it all. I'm just too sleepy to say anything else this time. I have some sleep to catch up on after these past several crazy days! Good night!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You can tell Ellen that those cupcakes looked delicious and some days I need chocolate too!