Friday, January 3, 2020

It still looks like Christmas

Last night I looked outside
the laundry room where I can see the neighborhood lights.

I hadn't taken any pictures of them this year
so I remedied that in a hurry ☺

Of course the picture isn't as pretty as the real thing...
but it's still pretty!

Taken with my phone. Should have used my good camera.

I'm glad they are still up and lit.
We will keep our's lit for another week or so yet.

Packing up the outside things will happen when the hubby decides to do it.
I'll change the wreath and take the sled off the porch...
but if we get really nasty weather, some of it may be up till March! 


Our home.
Can't see the pots of greens or the old sled. 
Oh well,
was a spur of the moment thing!

Contemplating the task of packing up Christmas in the house.
Feels too soon but another week might feel too long!

Maybe I'll start with just a few things. 
Maybe!

Came across this picture from January 2016.

Noah was just a baby then
and now he's an energetic 4 yr. old!

Last evening as I was laying in bed 
and I could hear him running and running above me,
doing laps around the main floor!
He loves to run!
Love him so much ♥

Praying for those who are experiencing illness...
seems a lot of people are.
I pray that good health will be yours soon.

And I pray that we will stay healthy! 
So far so good here. 

6 comments:

Susie said...

Doris, There's very little decorating out here in the country...so I had Ted drive us to town right before Christmas eve. It made me think of when our mother would drive us kids around to see everything. Don' those children grow up quickly. Blessings to you and thank you for the prayers. I was just writing names on a prayer list before visiting you. xoxo, Susie

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I think everyone should leave their decorations up just as long as it makes them happy. Hey, I know some people that leave their trees up all year. Be blessed and have a wonderful weekend.

Theresa said...

Marc took the lights off of my pool house tonight, I really loved looking out and seeing them glowing. My tree is still up and will stay up through the weekend at least. With all of the sick folks and still celebrating Christmas with out of town family... no time to take it down. I enjoy my tree all the way until it is back in the attic. It is nice to see the little ones then and now. Noah Was surely a cutie (still is) I know you enjoy hearing that energetic little fella running around upstairs:) Have a blessed evening dear Doris, HUGS!

Jean said...

I'm definitely not taking anything down for at least another week. I need as much cheer as possible. Besides, I'm still catching up around here, and then next week Lori goes away and I'll be busier with childcare.

Cindy said...

I took all the decorations down yesterday but I'm still packing everything up today. And the tree is still up but I'm hoping to get that down tomorrow. I absolutely love Christmas but my job can be so stressful that I want to get Christmas out of the way before things get busy again. Lots of people are sick around here too. Not my house, thank goodness, we've all stayed healthy. But so many at work and at church, I guess it's been a difficult flu season this year.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

we missed the recent bout of snow that got your area, Doris. But, we are expected to make up for that "miss" with some nasty weather coming in by the weekend. Last weekend, our daytime temps were in the mid-60s by comparison!