Friday, January 10, 2020

Snow

Tuesday, January 7

It started out beautiful.

Taken as Zoe and I waited for her bus.

Snow was in the forecast but not until later...
It wasn't to snow in our area until 4 or so.

But it started around 2.

From this....


To this in about 20 minutes!


It was to only be a light snow.
We had about 5 inches!
I


These three crazy kids had fun after dinner as it was still snowing!


View of the back yard Wednesday morning.
Beautiful!


Of course!



Meanwhile indoors 
the Christmas decor was bugging me!

Surfaces were dusty and hard to clean with the extras around.

Christmas was indeed over and it needed to be put away.

Funny how I was totally ok with it last week
 but so bothered by it this week!!

Out came the totes and boxes!

Now it's all put away and waiting
 for the men 
to get them back into the attic space above the garage.


  
Like many places, the weather it warming up for a few days.
Snow will surely disappear in a hurry with temps in the 60's! 

Crazy winter so far.
Take care, stay well!

11 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Your snow scenes are so pretty. Glad the kids had such a fun time!

Kathy said...

It has been cold but no snow so far. It is pretty but I hate driving in it.

Susie said...

Love the photo of the kids playing....I think only kids truly love snow. Always glad to put the holiday decor away. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Beautiful snow! I know it feels good to have everything down and packed away for another year.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You really had a lot of snow, Doris. We've had nothing this week aside from a brief snow squall on Wednesday afternoon. And this weekend, temps are supposedly going into the 60s. We still have some slushy snow by the curbside and pulled up in places so there will be be lot of pooled water with the warm-up. We still have the holiday village and nativity up and they may both be put away by next weekend.

Mari said...

Wow! You really got hit this time. It's pretty though!
We are waiting for a big storm tomorrow. They say we could get up to an inch of ice, which would be disastrous! I'm hoping the weather people are just over excited.
It feels good to get all the Christmas stuff packed up, doesn't it?

Cindy said...

That picture of your backyard is gorgeous! Seattle is supposed to get snow next week. I hope we do! I'd love to get 5 inches!!

NanaDiana said...

I was that way, too, Doris. It hit me really early this year. The first of January--down it all came. Just crazy how that happens-here today-gone tomorrow.
We have a big dump of snow coming tonight.ugh...I am NOT a winter person at all. xo Diana

Karen said...

Beautiful photos of the snow!

Theresa said...

The snow is beautiful, it was 70 degrees here yesterday and stormy. I wouldn't mind seeing a little snow:) My Christmas is finally put away except for the paper and ribbons. Perhaps this week it will all be back in it's place. Feels good, doesn't it. Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

Jean said...

Wow, you really did get more snow than we did! Sam and I had lunch at the Mifflintown exit that day, and it started to snow during lunch. I had heard that we would get a trace to an inch, but was I in for a surprise on my way home. Driving amongst all those big trucks on 322, going over mountains with snow coming down harder the further north I went was like a nightmare come true. I did not have any trouble, but I was praying as I drove and was REALLY glad to arrive at home.

My Christmas is still waiting to be put away. I've just had too many childcare duties to find the time so far. At least this evening Dick brought the big tub in, so maybe I can put things away a little at a time.