Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Christmas 2019, Happy New Year too!

January 1, 2020
New day, New year, New decade!

Happy New Year to you!

Did you see it come in?
I sorta did...
I was sound asleep but woke at midnight because of
Loud bangs going on outside!!

Lots of celebration going on around us,
fireworks included.



I've been busy. Let me show you....
 that means pictures, of course ☺

Christmas morning ....

Ellen checks to see if Santa came.


The kiddos were so ready to see what was in those packages!!

I took a TON of pictures....
but I will only show you a few.
(otherwise it would really be picture overload!)

This was Ellen's favorite gift.
She loves Olaf!


Zoe saw what was in the box...


A Nutcracker!
She saw them at JC Penney's when we were at the mall.
I went back and got her one...she's pleased!


Aidan got front row tickets to a hockey game with his dad.
His face says it all =)


Noah's BIG Bear!!


This year our family wasn't getting together until the Sunday after Christmas.
Since we didn't have anything going on Christmas day,
my sister, Mary Ellen invited us to her house for lunch.



She also invited our daughter, Gina and her fiance, Justin.
Mary Ellen's housemate joined us too. 

We had the best time!

I didn't take any pictures so I'm borrowing these from Mary Ellen.
She took them so I don't have one of her! What was I thinking =(


The next evening 3 of our Grands came here so their parents could go out to eat.
We watched Frozen...Cambrie's favorite movie.

A couch full of Grandchildren ♥


It was fun to see this movie again
and watch Cambrie sing and dance!

On Wednesday and Thursday I put together
 35 pieces of Chicken Cordon Bleu
for our family Christmas on Sunday.

It sounds like a lot but I only had 5 pieces leftover. 
They all love it!!

Saturday I made cranberry applesauce, 1 dish of dairy free baked corn (Greta made the rest of it),
fruit salad, and sour cream mashed potatoes!
And I cleaned and cleaned and finished getting gifts together...

My messy kitchen!
Got it cleaned up again ☺

Sunday...
We went to the early service at Manor Church, 
came home and prepared for the family to arrive.

This is one of my favorite days of the year.
Yes I work hard, but the love we have as a family is all worth it!

Top: Daughter, Greta, with her son, Carson
Son-in-law, Scott, with his daughter, Paityn
Lower: Me and Paityn
Daugher, Marcy, with two of her three daughters, Paityn and Cambrie


My family around the long table!
Dale's sister, Nancy, and my sister, Mary Ellen, joined us.


These two got their own table!

After the meal was cleaned up it was time for gifts.


The younger grandchildren exchange names.
They LOVE choosing gifts for each other.

Their Aunt Kimmy always gets them (and Ellen ☺) something, usually a book, too.

We also get them something....


This year these 4 are getting a 2 day and 1 overnight
in Gettysburg, PA.
We will wait till school is over in June.
Looking forward to it!


This big grandson gets something too!

After the kids gifts
it's time for the fun dice game.
We sit in a circle, grab a gift,
each person takes their turn rolling the dice,
each number corresponds with what you are do do with the gift.

We went around the circle three times.

This year we had a lot of opening but not keeping!
That caused some hoping it would get to you again ☺

When the game is over the gift you end up with is yours!



Zoe found a new craft table!
She finished a craft gift she had just been given. 


Our kitchen table is filled with cookies and snacks.
Ellen loves sweets!


Lots to choose from!


An important football game was on TV
which needed to be watched!


Had to show you how tall this fella is!
Our very tall and very handsome grandson, Andrew.

I was so tired till the day was over but feeling SO...

Blessed!!


Monday morning we went to breakfast with blog friends.
Pat and Dorothy (The Frog and PenguINN)
who were in town to see family.

We love spending time with them when we can.

We ate at the hotel where they were staying.
I've been there several times for conferences and shows
but have never seen this area before.
We didn't eat there but, wow, what a beautiful space!!




Our dear friends,
Pat and Dorothy.
Thanks for spending time with us before heading home ♥


Us ☺


And today I'm not doing much of anything.

Watching some movies...
Been waiting for the Home Alone movies to be on TV.
Found them on AMC this morning.


God bless your day!

3 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

WOW what a great photo sharing of your Christmas events, Doris. I will be doing the same in a short while, but still trying to catch up from our holiday road trip. It was great seeing you and Dale and Ellen again and thanks for taking the time to visit with us (despite the miserable weather). We send our best wishes to you and your family for all good things in 2020!

Karen said...

I am glad you could all get together. I wish you a blessed New Year.

Jean said...

Every time you post about making chicken cordon bleu I always think I should make it sometime, but I never think of it in between, haha!!

Loved seeing all your pictures!

I watched Frozen again with Sammy and Bianca on New Years Eve. Just LOVE it. Dear Sammy - I think he was watching me to see my reactions more than he was watching the screen!