Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Aww, Grandchildren!

Yes, another post!
I never do so many in a row but these are busy times.

I have much I'd love to show you,
I'm hoping you want to see...

if not,
just move on.
I won't be offended ☺

On Saturday two grandsons, Carson and Toby, came to play.
Their parents were attending a wedding.

Oh they had a good time!


They played with balls, trucks, and 
ran and ran and ran!

We have a good circle through some rooms 
which just begs to be used as a running track.

(That would be for the younger set, of course ☺)


This sweet boy is Toby.
He will soon have his 2nd birthday!



Puzzles, a horse and a race track!


 Of course we needed to eat.
Chicken nuggets, french fries and watermelon.
They loved it!



Back to playing with a spaceship box that a creative neighbor made for Noah.

Aidan joined the fun with another box that Zoe made.

They had a galaxy battle of some sort going on.....



So much imagination right there...
just proves that kids can have a blast with the simple!

I was a tired Nana when I got to bed that night, whew.

***********************************

Sunday was a party.

Our granddaughter, Brinley, had a birthday earlier in November
and we celebrated Sunday evening.


Looks like a party is in the works ☺


It was a surprise to the birthday girl!
She had no idea what was being planned 
when her other grandparents brought her home ☺

We had a delicious dinner then it was
Gifts, of course.





This gift was on her Christmas list...
she was so surprised (and thrilled) to get it early!


Her best friend's family gave her a matching outfit.
Brinley really wanted it too!
Aren't they so adorable?



We sing Happy Birthday!


And then they dance!


And dance some more.

What a fun party, Brinley!
So glad we actually surprised you,
it was kinda hard to surprise an 8 year old ☺

************************

 I will not be posting again until after Thanksgiving.

Hopefully we will get some Christmas out this weekend.
Zoe really wants to help me decorate
so that should be fun!
I'm sure I'll have some other helpers too.

Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving!
So much to be thankful for.




9 comments:

Jean said...

These fun busy weekends fill up our hearts and wear out our bodies! Loved all the adorable pictures!

Laurel Wood said...

So happy that Carson and Toby could visit. Hard to believe Toby will be TWO! Happy Belated Birthday to Brinley. She and her friend are so adorable in their matching outfits. All of your photos are wonderful! Wishing you all a blessed Thanksgiving. You and Zoe have fun decorating for Christmas. xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I am always happy to see your family photos and at the same time wonder how you do all you do and stay sane! lol Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Karen said...

Your cute photos remind me of when my kids were young playing with race cars and trains. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Kathy said...

What fun! I wish I had been at that party. Not the running through the house though. I'm way too old for that. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Theresa said...

Those kids are just too precious and I love seeing all of your pics:) I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! BIG HUGS!

NanaDiana said...

I absolutely LOVE all the pictures of the kids and their friends. There is nothing like an empty box to make a kid jump in it and pretend. All those fancy toys kids have and they still love cardboard boxes. Gotta love that!

I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving. xo Diana

Latane Barton said...

I just found your blog... I am going to follow you... we grandmas have to stick together, you know. hehe. We had snow early, too. You have a great week coming up.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's always nice to see your posts of your happy grands playing together, Doris. The one with all the boys playing with the cardboard boxes showed that kids don't need fancy toys or ones that require batteries to enjoy and have fun. Imagination is indeed wonderful!