Saturday, October 19, 2019

Life Happens

I really don't like starting every post about being busy but right now I am just that. How can it be that another week has gone by since I last posted? This will need to be quick one because I am very tired!

Have you ever eaten at Mod Pizza?
I had not prior to Monday.

Monday was a holiday and these Grands 
and Ellen
were free to do something special!

We ate at Mod Pizza,
their choice.



This is my YUMMY pizza!
It was amazing!
And it's gluten free.

Next was Toy Story 4!

Going to the discount theater is such a savings....
we love it!

Just saw that Lion King is now showing there...
Another movie date, kiddos??

It's getting colder.

Leggings and shoes....
I gave in!

Ellen started something new this week.

She started going to 
Lighthouse Vocational Services 
two days a week.
This is a faith based program which is amazing...
she can try many different jobs in house or
volunteer in the community.

So thankful. 

We hope she will be able to build confidence 
and find something that she really loves to do.

The picture is rather dark
because she leaves the house at 6:30 in the morning!
She had a very good first day. ☺


On Thursday morning Nana's taxi took a little boy and his mom to an appointment.

Now the location of the appointment was very close to ....
Starbucks! 

Of course I did.

Life Happens
Coffee Helps!

Would you like a shirt like this?

(this one I got is a sweater...
a bit different than a T but super comfy!!)



They sell really cool stuff'!
Check them out!

Today was the challenger banquet.
But those pictures will have to wait. 

It's time for some zzzzzzz's!

Good night!





8 comments:

Jean said...

Oh how I wish we had a discount theatre up here! I have not seen Toy Story 4 or Lion King yet.

I’m so happy for Ellen’s new employment at Lighthouse!

That shirt is so perfect. I gotta get one.

Kathy said...

You are as busy as I am! It always seems to happen around this time of year. And goes on through the holidays. What good news for Ellen! I hope this works out for her and she finds something to do that she really likes. I don't drink coffee but I have a girlfriend who is crazy about it. I went to look at the website to get one for her and it said that site is not available. I'll try later to see if they were just down for a short period of time or if they are gone forever.

Take care. Maybe we can get together before the end of the year.

Laurel Wood said...

The pizza looks so delicious. Glad you guys could enjoy the movie together. Such a treat. So thankful for this opportunity for Ellen. God bless her.
That sweater is perfect for you!!! I love it.
Love you guys, take care and God bless. xo

Karen said...

I'm glad Ellen is enjoying the vocational services. Have a blessed week.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So happy for Ellen and hope she finds exactly what she wants to do. The pizza looks yummy...we dont have that place here but wish we did. I would love to have a shirt or sweater like yours! Happy Sunday.

Theresa said...

You stay busy but always having fun with those little ones. I know Ellen will enjoy her new adventure. Have a blessed Sunday dear Doris. Hugs

Mari said...

I know how being busy is, and it just keeps up!
I like the idea of a discount theatre - none of those or Mod pizza's here.
I hope Ellen finds something that she loves too!
I don't like coffee, so no shirt like that for me. :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I agree, Doris, that the time does seem to be going by so fast and then the holiday season will be here. FYI we will be in Lancaster from the Tues of Thanksgiving 🦃 week until the day after turkey day. Maybe we can get together for breakfast on Wed and the Eden does have a breakfast buffet.🙂