Saturday, October 12, 2019

Family, Farmshow, Cheering, Fall

Another week has gone by. Time is flying!!

Here's a bit of what I have been up to.....


On Sunday we spent time at my brother's home with some of my siblings.
My sister, Barb, and her husband, John, 
were visiting from Idaho!

PA siblings plus Barb


Witmer sisters and Ellen


The only picture I took of our wonderful time together!
Mary Ellen made a cake for Nancy
who had a birthday this week.
Nancy always sets a beautiful table
and she and Dick provided a very delicious meal.


Nancy took this picture of Ellen in front 
of her beautiful mural!
I love it!


One of the few miniature roses still blooming!


On Tuesday while his brother and sister had check-ups
at their doctor,
we went shopping at Kmart.
This was always such a wonderful Kmart
but like so many, it's closing.

He LOVED the little shopping cart!


This week was the annual
Manheim Farmshow.

We used to live so close and would go everyday.
Now we go maybe twice during the week.

We go for the food!
French fries are the best ever!

I don't have a lot of choices of what I can eat but I can always find something.

Seeing family and friends is another reason to go ♥

Gina and Justin joined us for dinner on Wednesday.

We also saw the parade on Wednesday evening.

A whole bunch of family ♥
Even Aunt Nancy and Aunt Fern just happened to be sitting near us
and moved their chairs to join us too. 


Grandsons, Noah and Carson.
Cousins and best friends!


Grandson Toby.

Fire engines (lots of them!) are very loud!!








A wood carver carves with a chain saw
all the way through the parade route!
I especially loved the cardinals displayed on the wagon.


Our absolute favorite little restaurant
 in our favorite little hometown!


Little horses!

Zoe reached out to touch one...

...and this is the shot I got!!
Hahaha!
I tried!

Dancing to the music!
How I loved watching these kids!


And the boys get to dancing again....
they even danced to the passing marching bands!


Every year a bakery hands out 
long john donuts.
And every year Ellen tries to get one....
She got one!!
She was one happy girl!

It was a late night  but oh such a good one.
Nothing like being at a parade with a whole bunch of fun people ☺


I got this soup at the local discount grocery store.
I loved it.

Hopefully they still have some when I get back there,
I want more!

Today was the last 
Challenger Football game and Cheering 
for the season.
It really did go fast....
and Ellen is sad it's over!


Look who showed up for the last game!
Lancaster Barnstormers mascot, Cylo!

Cylo helped cheer!


My favorite cheerleader posed for me ♥


With her friend Sarenah.
(Ellen is probably thinking, Really, Mom? ☺)


Everyone loves Cylo!!


Best friends!


Showing their stuff at halftime.





Elizabeth's cousin made cupcakes for the cheerleaders!
How nice.


Why not more pictures of Ellen ☺


And another one of our special guest ☺
and coach Deb ☺


And a kick shot of Ellen!

They served pizza after the game!



They loved it!


Ben chats and eats ☺


We made a few stops on the way home.


Finally some mums for the blue pots!
I picked up the pumpkins earlier in the week.




It looks like the current season  =))

Happy Fall!

8 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Lovely photos of you and your siblings. I have always loved the farm show photos. The food looks so good! It's fun to see the children enjoy all the sights, especially the parade. I love your Autumn mums in the big pots and the pumpkins! Wonderful pics of Ellen cheering too. Time is just flying by. It will be Christmas before we know it! xoox

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Enjoyed the parade and the pictures of Ellen and the cheerleaders. Good food, good fun and people we love are always the best. The blue pots look so pretty with the mums in them.

Mari said...

The photo of Ellen in front of the mural is so cute!
The parade looks like a lot of fun. Love the Ellen got a long john!
I also like the photo with the "really Mom?" look. I've had that look directed at me too. :)

NanaDiana said...

What wonderful pictures of your family and all the 'doings' going on at your place. There is nothing like fun with family-and especially in the fall! xo Diana

Theresa said...

What a wonderful collection of photos. I love your family pics and OH THAT picture of Ellen in front of the mural is GREAT! I love parades, fairs and anything FALL (especially the food) :) Have a blessed day dear Doris, HUGS!

Jean said...

I really miss being able to go to the Manheim Farmshow, especially the parade.

I just love your front door with those blue pots and the mums! I got pumpkins for my front steps but no mums yet.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Just had to catch up with your family and all the activities in these recent posts, Doris. Local parades are fun and what was the reason for the one in Mannheim? Looked like Ellen and her fellow cheerleaders had a lot of fun and that season did go by fast! Nice seeing the photos of you and your siblings gathered together.

Karen said...

I enjoyed your pics and your fall decorations are very nice!