Thursday, October 24, 2019

Fall Color and a Banquet

This must be some kind of record...two posts in as many days! 


We are seeing a bit of color!

Leaves are falling!


I took some time to sit on the porch today...
not for long though.
It was chilly!
Living in the woods does not give us the full sun warmth.
That can be an advantage in the summer but not so much this time of year.

The season for porch sitting in coming to a close.
(insert sad face!)



As promised, pictures from the Challenger Football and Cheering Banquet -

Ellen is always happy to be with her friend, Sarenah. 



Yeah, this happened ♥

We were talking about dancing at our table.
There was some neat music playing...
someone (Randy!)
got Mitch, a friend of Ellen's,
to come dance with her!


Kinda cute, aren't they ☺








They got quite an applause!

We had a nice lunch then the awards were handed out to all the participants.


Ellen going for her's.





Big smiles!


Ellen with coach Deb.
We love her!

There are also lots of gift basket that you can try to win....
they raise lots of money for the program.
We have never won anything.


But this year Ellen did!
She saw this activity pack with Olaf
and knew that's where her free ticket would go.
She was so thrilled to get it!

Cheering is now over.
And she will be counting down the months till it starts again...
next August!!

Have a good night.
I'm ready for some zzzzz's!


7 comments:

Susie said...

Congrats to Ellen. She looks happy. I love that she did dance. How sweet. I did not get much porch sitting this year at all. I missed it too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Laurel Wood said...

Sweet photos of Ellen. Love the ones of her dancing with her friend. Your yard is so pretty; I know you will miss porch sitting. It's about time for your special flavors of tea! I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Love you.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I miss my porch sitting too! Good pictures of the banquet and love the ones of Ellen dancing. I know she had fun. Happy weekend.

Theresa said...

Oh this made me smile to see Ellen dancing with her friend! What a sweet time together and I know she is sad to see the cheer season come to an end. Love your view from the porch, hope you get a day to enjoy it here and there over the next season. Have a blessed day dear Doris, HUGS!

Mari said...

Aww - such sweet pics of Ellen! I love the dancing ones. Hooray for another year of cheer for her.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You sure do have some wonderful fall 🍁 colors as we do here in NH now. Rain most of this week may wash some away😕 Nice to see Ellen having such a great time at the awards banquet and glad she won the prize she wanted too.

Jean said...

Well, I missed this post. I love the fun you and Noah have!

Those pictures of Ellen and Mitch dancing are absolutely adorable!