Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Beach Weekend

It's been 6 years now that we have been doing this...a moms and daughters get away to the beach. As usual, we had the absolutely best time!

We planned to leave around 1 on Friday for the drive to Rehoboth Beach, DE to a condo we have stayed at several times previously.  I was driving 6 of us there and 3 more were joining us on Saturday morning. The drive went smoothly even with one tie up on Rt 30 going to Reba's house to get my passengers and one on Rt 1 in DE due to an accident. It was later getting to the condo then we had planned but we made it safely so all was good. The girls were starving by that time, so after getting settled in we headed to our favorite.... Grottos Pizza on the boardwalk!

No pictures at Grottos, I guess I was too tired!


It was a perfect evening for a walk!


Three friends ♥


Me and my girl ☺


Of course they had ice cream!

I did too...
was not going to
but
Pumpkin and cinnamon twist 
was calling my name.

I got the smallest size available

And it was yummy!!


Back to the condo to watch
Christopher Robin.
I love that movie!

Saturday morning
The other 3 showed up early!

We had breakfast at
Cracker Barrel,
YUM!

Then to the beach...
the reason for us to be in Rehoboth!


It was a perfect day!
Lewes beach is such a gentle beach.
We went there often on our vacation in June.



I could stay right here forever.
I just love the beach!

Oh course we had more things to do
so after about 3 hours we went back to the condo to clean up.


We had to find out what this store was....
have you ever heard of it?

It must be associated with 
Christmas Tree Shoppes. 
Neat store!

Dinner at another favorite...
Bethany Blues!
It's a must place to eat every time we go to Rehoboth!
Never disappoints.


waiting.....

Mom, really?? ☺


If you must!

I had a spinach salad with a piece of salmon...
worth the cost!
Adding the salmon made it more then I would normally spend on a salad
but their salmon is absolutely the best.

The whole bunch of us! ☺

Of  course we went to the boardwalk again!


Beautiful skies are something I notice!



Our silly girls!


Love these friends of mine!!

So they said we had to take a silly pic too...
but I didn't realize they were doing it already.
(I'm a bit slow....)

So I said,
What, do this??

I. Did. Not. Know. Our. Pic. Was. Being. Taken!!

HA HA HA!!
And I don't have a picture of them being silly....
just saying.
What ya gonna do with these friends of mine!! ☺


Mamas and daughters....
oh how we missed the rest of our group
 that couldn't join us.


Back to the condo for
Mama Mia 2!

We love that movie!

Singing and dancing too!

Sunday morning we went to IHop for breakfast
then to the outlets next door for a bit of shopping.

Ellen's funny shaped piece of toast!

One more stop at a Tuesday Morning store
then it was time to make our way home again.

Looking forward to making more memories next year!

We talk,
we laugh till we can't breath.
Best of all,
we all get this journey we are on with our special needs kids
who are now young adults!

I thank God for bringing us together ♥







5 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

You have shared such beautiful photos, Doris. Looks like a fun and wonderful trip. Such a blessing to have this time together. You talking about your salmon salad....my daddy LOVED salmon! I like Ellen's Reese's shirt. xoxo

Kathy said...

Oh my! I so wanted to be there with you. Each year we say we are going to get to the beach and we never do. Perhaps we can get there next week while it is still warm. I loved all your pictures and felt as if I were there with you. What a great time you had!

Mari said...

You girls always have so much fun together! I remember previous years too. I love Ellen's smile and you moms goofing off. :)

Theresa said...

What a wonderful time! LOVE all of your pictures, oh that blue sky is gorgeous. It is awesome that you ladies and the girls share these fun times every year. The smiles on the faces of all of the girls are priceless! Have a blessed day dear Doris, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You and your friends and their daughters share the best times, Doris. The boardwalk photos were fun and nice one of you and Ellen. The girls looked nice in their matching tops🙂