Monday, August 26, 2019

Knoebels Amusement Park

Whew, it's a busy time around here. Last weekend, well, Sunday and Monday, we were at Knoebels Amusement park about 2 hours north of us. It's the neatest old fashioned park You pay for the rides you ride on, not entrance or parking fees! Unheard of these days. We had tried to make it an all family day but Greta and Lynn and fam were camping, Kim was waiting for her 'boys' (hubby and son) to return from their trip to Trinidad (that's where her hubby was born and raised until his early teens).  All the rest of us were there, Gina and her boyfriend were only able to come for a short time on Sunday. It was HOT and Humid but we still had a good time.


We have arrived!


Who doesn't love a carousel?


Look at those smiles!


This is my kind of ride!


Kiddie bumper cars.

* I started this on Friday
now it's Monday....
that's how it rolls sometimes ☺


Ellen loves this ride.
It goes up the mountain and down again.
Too much height and open for me!!


A creek runs though the park.


And that creek causes flooding at times...
as you can see!

It was getting dark but they really wanted to ride the boats before heading to the hotel.
Aidan and Christy were on a boat and just ready to pull out,
a flash of lightening and a clap of thunder
ended all that!

As we headed to the cars, the rain came.
It poured.
We got soaking wet!!

I had a towel in one of our bags,
 dried off as good as we could.

We stayed at a Best Western in Danville,
same as Corey and Christy and family.

Marcy and Scott and family stayed at a different one.


Taking time for a swim before checking out in the morning.


 We were remembering another special day on that date....

It was Corey and Christy's wedding anniversary!


Back to the park for another day of fun.

Trying to get a picture of Aidan and Zoe on this ride...
There's a bit of Zoe on the left!


That's Aidan! 
Was so hard to capture moving target!


Meanwhile, Dale and Ellen were on that ride....
I found a shady spot to relax.
It was another hot and oh so humid day!


Beautiful flowers in this park....
oh wait.
Hmm, see what I see??


You bet I did,
It was cold
and delicious!



All the kiddos rode this one.
They were more excited than it shows ☺

The next few pictures are of the brave three 
who risked getting very wet...

A big splash that goes straight up
then down on the riders!
And OUT over the pavement to splash those
in it's way!


AIdan, Paityn and Scott,
brave souls ☺


Here they come....
after standing on the bridge to get more wet
from the next boat!

They loved it!


Noah wanted on the pic too =)



This is the boat ride that they wanted to ride the night before,
before the rain.

Was a long wait to get on it this day.

That's Paityn in the far boat 
taking little sister for a ride!!


All fun times must come to an end....
what better way to end a day!
(not me, I had a coffee treat earlier ☺)

Ellen didn't want to go yet
but she had ridden a lot of rides
including all the roller coasters.

Her parents were tired
and there was a 2 hr drive ahead of us,
time to go!


Beautiful sky to close out our day!

*this posted before I was finished....
now is when it should have posted.
My computer causes me a fit or two sometimes!!

9 comments:

Doris said...

This wasn’t to post yet...I’m not finished. But My very frustrating computer is not letting me fix it. So please come back to see the rest later. Cause if I try to continue right now I may cause ham to that crazy thing 😠

Susie said...

Bless your heart Doris, You sure did have a long fun time. I laughed about the one that waited to get splashed. It looks as if everyone enjoyed something. Tell Ellen I loved her hair band and oh yes that ice cream with sprinkles. Yummy. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While amusement parks are not my thing and never have been, I do enjoy seeing others have a good time as your family did, Doris. I would have been with you and enjoying that Starbucks while others went for the rides.

Mari said...

Computers can drive a person crazy!
Looks like such a fun time, and even more when you can share it with family. I think the Starbucks was needed on a day like this. :)

Laurel Wood said...

happy anniversary to Corey and Christy. What fun the amusement park looks like! When I was 12 or 13, my best friend and I used to love to visit one very similar. So glad that you enjoyed a Starbucks! Looks delish!
Love to you all and happy birthday again to Ellen. xoxoxo

Kathy said...

What a fun time you all had. I have never been to Knoebel's although living around here I have heard of it. Looks like a great place. I am not much of one for amusement park rides. The carousel is about all I would get on. I'd be sitting on the bench next to you talking. I absolutely love the sky in the last picture.

Jean said...

I can't believe we STILL have never been to Knoebels!!! These pictures look so FUN!! I just love that so many of you could do this together and even spend a night in a hotel. Great memories made!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

what a fun park and it looks like everyone enjoyed all of it. I would be sitting and watching!

Theresa said...

Fun day times TWO! I love seeing all of those smiles and everyone having fun, getting wet and cooling off with a yummy treat:) I love those old style parks. Makes me wanna go! Have a blessed day dear Doris, HUGS!