Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Summer Days (going quickly)

Quick post....

Summer is going by so quickly. I don't like it at all!! How can it be that school starts in a week? Didn't we just get done with mornings of getting kids up and on the school bus?? I much prefer the 'lazy' days of summer.

I really didn't need a s'more that evening
but couldn't pass it up!

Kinda concerned what my blood test will look like
and my weight at my appointment in 2 weeks.

Yikes.
Trying to not overdo it with the sweets
but I aim to enjoy summer,
my favorite season!


Enjoying the porch when I get a chance!

Ellen has been enjoying two weeks of camp.
It's a camp for special needs kids/young adults
held in the afternoon Monday through Thursday.

They have gone on some neat field trips...
A farm
an airport
movie theater
a museum
and more.

Yesterday they 
watched a glass blowing demonstration
and
got to make a memento!!

Look what she made...

Isn't it beautiful?
I'm thrilled to pieces with it.

She was so nervous about the whole experience
and wasn't sure she would make anything.
I told her that the staff had confidence that she can do it 
and I really wanted her to try.

She did!

Take care.
Enjoy each day.
Face a challenge and do it!


8 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Your porch is so lovely. Ellen's camp sounds like so much fun. I love the ornament she made. That's a real treasure! I wish you all a very nice day; enjoy a cup of coffee on the porch for me! xo

Phoebes World said...

Its not just the Summer... the whole year seems to be flying by. My mother always warned that this happens when you get older.. and I warn my children not to wish the time away.
The glass piece is just beautiful.. its amazing that something so delicate was once grains of sand
Weight is my concern when I get my regular check ups with my doctors... Why is it that everything that tastes so good...is so bad for you?
Phoebe x

Jean said...

Wow!!! That glass ornament is so beautiful!!! I'm so glad she didn't chicken out! I would love to see how that is done.

You know I completely agree with you on the end of summer approaching. Every evening as I close the curtains I say, "I don't want it to be dark at 8:30!!!"

It's so hard to eat well when there are so many fun activities to do and attend. Thankfully my next appointment isn't until October. I have my 50th class reunion the end of September, but I'm not feeling very motivated to lose weight for that. I just want to be healthy.

Susie said...

Doris, I am not ready for our summer to end . I have been holding onto each day as long as possible. I love Ellen's ornament. That will be a special memory of camp for her. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

I know, Summer is flying right by and while the cool air will be welcomed I do enjoy the Summertime. I know Ellen had a great time at camp. I love watching the glass blowers in a little shop in Helen, GA. Beautiful work. Have a blessed day dear Doris, squeeze in some fun and porch sitting:) HUGS!

Vintage Girl 901 said...

Good for Ellen. I am learning so much on my job with Easter Seals but I have much to learn. Any ideas on great activities.?

Kathy said...

Summer is certainly flying by. How did it get to be the middle of August already? Sounds as if Ellen had a good time at camp. I love the little ornament she made.

NanaDiana said...

Love the porch and the firepit! That glass piece is beautiful! Summer is flying by way too fast here. xo Diana