Wednesday, July 24, 2019

This and That

The weather is beautiful today. What a nice break!


Clear blue skies!

This says Summer to me.....

 Canna Lily


Tomatoes!!
Oh they are SO good.
Little ones and big slicing ones =)



Backyard campfires and S'mores!


Mint tea.
We call it meadow tea here in Lancaster Co, PA

Because it would grow wild in the meadow  =)
Now most people try to contain it in a garden.

I remember gathering it for my mom to make tea.
She would sometimes lay the leaves on newspapers in the hot attic 
to dry for tea making in the winter.

On Sunday my daughter, Kim, brought me a bag of tea leaves
from her city garden.

It's been years since I made it 
and had to look for all the parts to the 
Mr. Coffee Iced Tea maker.

It works so good for this tea,

Love it....
not everyone here does, though.
No problem, that's just more for those who do!


Spending time with the kiddos...
love that summertime opportunity.

Last Thursday after taking their mother to work
they reminded me that I enjoy spoiling them =))

I do!
So we went to Sweet Frog 
and had dessert first!

Oh how we enjoyed our treat!!


This is his brain freeze face!


Sudden rain showers are certainly part of summer!
We got wet on our way to the car that day.

Gina had some unexpected days off from work because of an equipment repair.
We decided to get her so she could spend time with us
and we with her.


She needed to make a few stops before heading back to Lancaster.
The kids were ready for lunch...
so nice that Wendy's was right where we were!


Before heading home we stopped at a farm market
for another summer treat...
sweet corn!

Yum, yum!



Later Gina and I went to Starbucks
to take advantage of a BOGO special!
Coffee Frapp with a caramel drizzle for me,
White choc. mocha Frapp with caramel drizzle for Gina.

Yum, yum!

Sunday we had the family,
those it suited, here for lunch.

Ah, watermelon...
another good summer item!




We played a game that gave us lots of laughs!






Later I took Gina home again
and a neighbor family came over to finish off the sparklers we all had.















I LOVE summer!



10 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Hi Doris, What a fun post. It's so nice to see that Gina could spend time with you all. Your cannas and tomatoes look great. The fresh corn and watermelon look so tasty too. Yours and Gina's Starbuck's looks so good; the grands look happy with their ice cream. You have a lovely yard and yes, you'll have to add some daisies. We, too, had a much cooler morning with low humidity. So very enjoyable. Sending lots of love to each of you.

Susie said...

Doris, It looks like you are living it up this summer. I loved all the great photos, the children, the ice cream, the rain, the corn , watermelon, and family time. It's the best things of summer. I would love to see tea growing in the garden...as I have never seen it. We had no tomatoes this year. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

Kathy said...

I am not a fan of mint tea so there would be more for you! What a great post. It's all the things I like about the summer too. Enjoy the break in the weather we are having.

Mari said...

Summer is looking just perfect over there - even with the rain! I loved all the photos of flowers, sky, food and of course family!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Great memories being made this summer. Enjoyed all the pictues and seeing what is going on in your world.

Theresa said...

What a fun post, beginning to end! I love Summertime too. Our School starts August 9th, so we are squeezing in lots of fun:) I love that Gina got to spend some time with you all. What sweet pictures of the ice cream treats and then sparklers to finish it off. Perfect! Enjoy your day dear Doris, I feel sure you will. HUGS!

Jean said...

Don’t know why, but I did not see this post till now. What a great picture of summertime!!! Love it all!

A Joyful Chaos said...

Sounds like you've been enjoying summer perfection! :)

Blessings~

NanaDiana said...

Doris -What a fun post. Loved the games and all the fun you have with family. Nothing like food, family and fun.
I REALLY got a kick out of the Brain Freeze Face. Too funny.
Have a wonderful upcoming week. xo Diana

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You sure do love summer, Doris, and it's easy to see WHY with all those fun family activities. Rain showers are a good thing too, except when you get caught in one!