Sunday, August 4, 2019

Going Here and There!

Been absent for too long. And there is no way I will bore you with all I've been up to! The summer is fast paced and I'm panting moving along with it ;-)

I'll choose a few pictures to mostly refresh my memory and hopefully you will enjoy seeing a bit of my goings about.

I recently spent time playing with these adorable Grandsons!

Does seeing this little guy melt you?
I'm is a puddle just looking at this!!


We played and played and played.
And I want to do it again and again and again =)
(and he wants me to as well ♥)


He insisted on making funny faces! 
Love him!



I spend time on the porch as I can.
Looks like it was a 'me' day that day....
a salad container on the table from Saladworks =)
I need days like that once in a while,
let's be real honest here....
I prefer a 'me' day once a week!
But I'm good if it doesn't happen.

Moving on.....

Ellen and I, along with Ellen's Life Skills coach, spent time at 
Dutch Wonderland on Wednesday.

Ellen has wanted to go there so badly,
it's been years since we were there.

Dutch Wonderland
 is an amusement park that caters mostly to younger kids 
but she still finds it fun.

Ellen does activities with Schreiber Pediatric Club 625,
an activity program for teens and young adults with special needs.

They offered the families of the kids 3 tickets for the park
for that one day.

I made sure we got some.
What a special gift!!


Sky ride....
a favorite for Ellen!
(Mary, not so much! Bless her.)


Turnpike....
Ellen never drives!

And then the rides shut down =(
There were storms in the area
and as a precaution, rides were stopped.

I bought her some ice cream.
Then headed to a shop....

because it was stinking hot and humid outside!!

It never did storm
but the rides were shut down for almost an hour.


Back at it again =)

Monorail ride views....

Beautiful countryside!


It was not full at all that day.
When we went past Dutch Wonderland on Saturday 
the parking lot was packed!

Ellen and Mary went on the new roller coaster.
Ellen lost her head band on the ride.
To most people that would be an 'oh well' moment.
Not for Ellen.
This was a tragedy for her.
She always wears a headband with a flower.
She has many....
but that was the one she was wearing 
and it was the most important one to her right then.

It almost ruined her day.
But we talked her through it,
Mary took her around the ride to see if they could spot it...
of course they didn't.

Went on a boat ride next.....


She gave a brave smile....
but was missing her hairband.

The guy manning the ride had a neat sense of humor...
that helped.
The boat was orange, that helped!

And she moved past the loss....
at the end of the day she agreed that 
it didn't really fit her that well anyway
and the blue flower was getting old.
God love her!

The swing, another favorite!

And then Mary had to leave 
but Ellen's friend, Bri, and her parents came.

Best friends!


Log boat.


I looked for Moses in the bulrushes,
didn't find him ;-)


Merry-Go-Round fun!

We took time to eat dinner and cool off in the air conditioned cafeteria style restaurant.

Bri and her family went home....

Ellen wanted another train ride.


And another log boat ride.

And then we were done.

What a totally fun day!!


We discovered a hummingbird hanging around the canna lilies.
But it was gone before I got back with my camera.
I'll keep trying!


Yesterday was the first day for
UDS Challenger Football and Cheering!


She loves cheering!!

That's where we will be every Saturday morning 
until mid October.

Five really good friends right there ♥

And now a sink full of dishes awaits....
better get at it!

God bless your day, your week,
and the month of August!

Still can't believe we are there already.....



6 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Hi Doris, Your grandsons are so adorable. They do melt my heart!
The Amusement Park looks like great fun. So happy that Ellen enjoyed herself in spite of losing her head band. I could handle everything but the swing...they make me sea sick (just to watch!) lol
Your cannas are pretty and I hope your hummer comes back.
Sending love to each of you. xo

Susie said...

Doris, i know you love that time with the boys. I always love playing with our little guys....it's been too long. So g;lad Ellen got to visit the amusement place. But bless her heart. I know she wanted that head band no matter how old. She was a good sport. Cheering is always a good time. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Mari said...

You have been busy! Grandkids always bring a smile!
Glad Ellen had such a fun day, even though she lost that headband. You got some good pictures of the day and I see lots of smiles. :)

Theresa said...

What a fun time, cute little ones and Ellen too! I love watching the kiddos have fun and see the excitement in their eyes. It is nice that Ellen will be cheering again, I know how much she loves it. Have a blessed day and week ahead dear Doris. We are packing in some last minute fun before school starts too. HUGS!

Jean said...

Oh Dutch Wonderland!!! We used to have such fun there. It's been SO long since we were there. Your pictures brought back such good memories. I just love that you and Ellen could have such a fun day there together.

And yea for another season of cheering!

August??? Please don't be August already!! But what can we do? We have done lots of fun things this summer and there are a few more to go.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sorry to read about Ellen's headband loss, but she seems to have recovered from what you wrote, Doris. Looks like you had a fun outing and how nice that her coach and friends went as well. Cute pics of you and the grands as well.