Thursday, June 13, 2019

Fun with the Grands

It's been a busy week. So many days of appointments and meetings. And I've been working to get ready for a week at the beach. Can't believe that is just around the corner!

Gathering, gathering....


Trying not to take too much but what I take we won't need to buy later.
I kinda like that idea!


Today the weather was the exact opposite of yesterday.

Damp and dreary today.

I had the 3 kiddos this afternoon.
They needed something to do.

We baked some cookies!

Aidan mixes up the regular chocolate chip cookie dough.
He's quite good at it and is mostly independent in doing the tasks.


These two worked on the gluten free chocolate chip dough.


They all took turns filling the pans for baking.

They kept me stepping helping them using two different recipes...
had to keep my wits about me so I didn't mess anything up!

Choosing which one eat was quite the struggle!



Zoe says the GF cookies are good....
are they ever!!
So hard to let them be!

Aidan used my phone to take this picture....
isn't it awesome?!!

After the baking was done
it was high time to get dinner started.

Pulled chicken sandwiches tonight.
Was yummy!

Some pictures of my other grandchildren....


Sweet sisters,
Cambrie and Brinley

On Sunday after Ellen's baseball game
we went to get ice cream at a favorite little place in the town of Lititz.

Greco's....
very good homemade ice cream and Italian Ice.
I had peaches and cream....so good!

Toby, Cambrie and Carson.

Gina spent the weekend with us again.
Cambrie really enjoyed that!

Gina's t shirt is from Sister B's Tees,
two of my nieces from Idaho design and sell them.

Her T says:
God is greater than the ups and downs.

LOVE IT!!

We missed granddaughter Paityn who was away with a friend that day.

Love them all!


Yesterday was such a beautiful day
so I snapped some pictures around the yard....

What you up to, Mr. Squirrel?


The berries on this tree are attracting a large number of birds....


and squirrels!
I counted at least four squirrels bouncing around in the tree.

And a chipmunk was eating berries that had fallen to the ground.

One thing for sure,
it's a dangerous thing to walk under that tree right now.

Just ask Aidan ;-)


Looks like the geranium will soon be showing some pretty.
Aidan bought it for his mother ☺


Can't wait!!



Basil and rosemary.



Last week Corey took a vacation day and painted the play set.
Should have taken the pic from the other side of the washline!
But I was in my bare feet and didn't want to travel too far from my back door.

Yesterday afternoon I took Zoe to her dance class for pictures.
They have a show on Saturday...
we will miss it because we will be at the beach =(

Pretty even from the back!
Our neighbor girl did her hair....
Molly is only a few years older than Zoe 
and they are really good friends.

I'll show the pictures I took from the front after the show is over. 


I'll close with a picture from the past.
This was taken June 2015

Aidan and Paityn with Scott
at the wonderful Knoebels Amusement park.

We hope to get there this summer!

5 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

How fun to be planning a trip to the beach. I hope the weather will be wonderful. Love seeing the grands and it's always nice to see Gina. Your peach ice cream sounds delicious. I always enjoy your photos so much. God bless. xoxo

Susie said...

Doris, I really liked seeing all those pictures. Those little cookie bakers are cute...even cuter doing the taste testing. LOL You do keep busy there. Sweet little dancers. Blessings to all, enjoy the big trip. xoxo, Susie

Kathy said...

I so hope to get to the shore this year. We haven't been in about 3 years. All your grands are so cute, especially those making the cookies. Since we have been on our diet we haven't had any sweets. But I am so craving them. I love the t-shirt. I'd like to get one for myself.

Mari said...

You have been very busy! The beach will be fun. I loved seeing the grands making the cookies.
That pic of Zoe is so sweet. She looks cute, even from the back.

Theresa said...

Your piles look like mine packing for the beach! We are home now and I have coming home piles:) Enjoy your time away, I know you will! Love the pictures, the kids are growing up right before our eyes! HUGS!