Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Signs of Spring.... and more

I started a post last week but never finished it. So before I get busy with all the things I need to do today....here's a quick update ☺

Spring is showing up around here but warm temps only come once in awhile. 

These beauties make me smile!


More to come.


This tree is always the first to show color.
It's happening later than other years.

Yesterday I noticed that, as usual, we are behind 
in seeing Spring on this hill.

Other areas are further along!

Saturday was a beautiful day. Like I said, we get one once in awhile.

I sat on the porch, of course!


 But before that we went to a household auction
of a former neighbor.

They weren't selling the farm, 
just lots of wonderful things from many years. 
What a beautiful house!


We didn't purchase anything.

We downsized to live here and must keep the flow of
what comes in to a minimum!!

Was so good to see some former neighbors
and to be in our old neighborhood.


Sunday was....

Sermon in the Bag Sunday!

It's mostly geared to the kids but always meaningful to adults too.
A lot of families were missing on Sunday
so not a lot of kids.

One of the teaching points
had to do with trust.

Grandson Aidan volunteered to be blindfolded
and go for a 'helicopter' ride!
He had to trust those big boys!

Next point....




Aidan and Zoe and a dad from the audience
volunteered to go 'white water rafting!'

Wild ride! ☺

Our pastor is quite creative!


Since Saturday I have been inside looking out.
Waiting for it to warm up again!

But at least we don't have this....

Last year!

I'm thinking that since it's taking so long to warm up....
just having a nice day here and there....
maybe it's a good thing for my lilacs and hydrangeas.

Some years we had too many early warm ups
then freezing cold which froze the beginnings
of the new life.

I remember one year where the hydrangeas started 
three times. All leaves, no blooms. 
Only one good year for them in five so far.

Hard to believe we are coming up five years of living
 in this amazing house! 

Must go.
I have a lesson to review for Women's group at church tonight.
I prepared it a month ago but the meeting was canceled
due to bad weather.

And I need to go to a grocery store.
Then take Ellen to her exercise class.


I took this from Facebook....
last week Ellen was 
Athlete of the Week!

God bless your day!





10 comments:

Susie said...

Doris, I love your porch. I want to sit out soon too. It is looking like spring there. I really like the church activities too. Getting people involved is so fun. Blessings to you, hoping for a warm up. xoxo, Susie

Annsterw said...

That house was absolutely beautiful!!! Too bad that was not being auctioned off! YAY to pretty flowers! I hope we see some springing up soon here in PA!!! Annster's Domain

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Spring is such a beautiful time of the year and it wont be long til you will be in full bloom.

Karen said...

Isn't it great to sit on the porch and be out in the yard. Your daffodils are so cheery and bright. Have a good week.

Mari said...

Yay for Ellen!
Yay for daffodils too. Our Spring is late too. The crocus are just starting to pop through the dirt.
Looks like you had fun and good lessons on Sunday.

Jean said...

I would have so loved to be at that auction. But I guess if the property wasn’t being sold we could not have gone through the house. I have so many memories of that house when I babysat for them. So the farm was already sold?

Yes, warm days are rare so far. We’ve so much wind!

Laurel Wood said...

Congrats to Ellen - GREAT photo. I love your porch and the cheerful daffodils. I know you and the grands look forward to summer lunches out there. I would love to attend the auction. Sending love and prayers to you and yours.

Kathy said...

We have some daffodils blooming. They are Joe's favorite flower. I have to get out in the yard and take pictures before they fade away. Spring is slow in coming this year, but at least we don't have snow like you said.

Theresa said...

No way you have been there that long. We have been friends a long time and I cherish our friendship! Those blooms are so pretty. So happy that you get some porch sitting in now and then. What a creative church service Enjoy your evening dear friend. Hugs

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That old house where the auction was held was beautiful, Doris. It’s fun to go to these events if only just to look around. Still no warm weather staying around in Nashua yet. Glad you got in some porch time.