Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Spring is Pretty Awesome!

The week went fast. So much happens each day and I can't keep up!!

Here's a picture story of some of it.....

The birds are busy building nests....
This wren and it's partner made one in the spouting.

Not the best spot,
at least that's what I think!
But they did not inquire of me.


Nice days,
Children play!


We celebrated Ellen's friend Elizabeth's birthday!
I'll post more pictures next time....
I have so many good ones!


This makes me happy....
it's my lilac bush!!

It seems like the beginnings of leaves popped out
overnight last night.
They were not there yesterday.
I know that because I spent a lot of time outdoors
with this guy...

Yesterday was the nicest day we've had this year so far.


He wanted to swing right after taking his siblings down to the bus!

I told him that I wasn't looking so good yet,
meaning that I needed to shower and fix myself up to 
look like a human.
But he said I didn't look that bad!!

We spent a lot of time together while
his mom went to work for a training.

We sat on the porch....
he wanted to take some selfies ☺☺


He played with a ball,
threw a Frisbee
then he rode his scooter.

We took the scooter on the street.
We live in a cal-de-sac
so there's very little traffic.

Off we go!
He's coasting down a gentle slope.


Rode to the  "beginning" of our street.
This is where the private road begins.
These bushes are so beautiful!

On the way back we stopped to watch
some landscape workers fill their wheelbarrows
with mulch.
He thought that was interesting!

Working hard but he did not want me to help!!

Got to the rocks which cried out to be stepped on!


We took a rest and waited for mommy to get home.


His uncle brought mommy home and his little cousin was with them.
More fun in store for this kid!
They were soaring!

I soon needed to go get Zoe at school to take her to ballet.
Then bring her home
and then take Ellen to her group exercise class
 she's taking right now.

It was a good day!

Blue skies are my favorite!


Blue pots by the front door are still empty.
Pansies are usually in them this time of year.
Not sure they will get filled this spring.


Happy little yellow flowers!

Blessings to you....hope all is well and you are enjoying the
blooms and warmer weather!


4/9/2016
I'm glad we aren't having this!!













10 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

So happy you don't have snow like last year! Your lilac bushes will be so pretty. Elizabeth's bdy party looks like a lot of fun. It's nice to see your daffodils and forsythia blooming and the kids enjoying the great outdoors. I know you stay so busy. Thanks for the updates and photos. xo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So glad your weather has changed and gotten warm and you can be outside. Looks like a fun day for sure.

Theresa said...

Well lookie there, you are getting some Spring weather in your "neck of the woods". I love seeing those blooms, buds and the little ones having fun outside. Have a blessed and beautiful day dear Doris. HUGS!

Annsterw said...

So happy you have the Spring weather just like us here in Pittsburgh!!! It is finally sporing! Love all those outdoors fun pics and the blooms! I can not wait to see your lilac after the buds open!!! Annster's Domain

Mari said...

The buds and blooms are so pretty! I love seeing you with the grands - making wonderful memories.
PS - It looked like your snow pic in our area today...

Jean said...

So many gorgeous pictures!!!! I just scooted past that last one real quick!! I am really surprised how many times this week there were snow pics in my FB memories. I'm SO GLAD we haven't had any for a few weeks. In fact, until today we went quite a while without rain too. It's like a miracle!

That header picture is so beautiful!

Susie said...

Doris, What fun. Looks like that little fellow keeps you hopping. :) It's looking very pretty in your area. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

Karen said...

It turned very chilly this morning after the rain storm. Everything is suddenly green. I enjoyed your happy photos. Thank you for you kind words on my post. Have a wonderful Easter week

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoyed the photo of you and Noah, Happy Easter greetings to you and your family.

Karen said...

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter weekend. God bless you.