Monday, March 18, 2019

Nice Days, Family, A Birthday, Decorating Decisions

How's that for a title?? (wrote the post first then had to come up with something ☺)

Where do I start? I seem to let too much time go between posts so I struggle to decide what to include and what to skip. Silly, I know. So just as I've been doing here of late, I'll go through my pictures and figure it out as I go☺

This I must include....

We had a few nice days last week!

I got in some porch sitting!
Friday was really nice.


Noah helped Pop Pop do some clean up.
Then he needed to go to preschool.


I was watching those clouds
while waiting for school to be finished.
Surely looked like it could rain!


And did it ever rain!
He had to hold his ears because it was so loud!


Then it became sunny again!
He had a snack.
Perfect!!


It rained and then the sun would shine,
sometimes it was raining while the sun shone....
crazy!
Here, the sun was setting while 
it was pouring!

And the next day was cold and windy , boo hoo!


Ellen had a St Patty's Day dance on Friday evening.

I thought the building looked so pretty
when I picked her up.
I could see the kids dancing and having a good time.


Oh, they were having fun!

She had several friends there but the only pic I got
was of Ellen and Sarenah.

I should have gotten a picture of Ellen's green nails ☺

Let's back up to last Sunday, March 10 when the family was here for the "Christmas" dinner.

Family eating together ♥


Our table before people.




Some of the Grands ♥

We had a wonderful time as always.
Lots of noise.
Lots of laughter.
Lots of conversations.

I LOVE my family!!


Last Tuesday Ellen had an appointment in York. When we go for that appointment we always go to Issac's for lunch afterwards. We both love going there!

Our order is always the same...
for Ellen a Penguin club 
(ham and turkey and bacon..she doesn't get the cheese or tomato on it)
  and for me a
Shrike.
(cranberry almond chicken salad, melted provolone cheese, 
tomatoes and sprouts)
on a GF flat bread.
I love it!!

It was my birthday the next day so we took home
a free dessert.....
GF chocolate torte.
We shared and it was delicious!

Big Lots is right next door and we enjoy walking around 
and looking at all kinds of things.
We often bring a little something home too!

As I said, I had a birthday last Wednesday. I'm now the great age of 65. Whew, how in the world is that possible....it comes so fast. I used to think 65 was old. Not thinking that anymore ☺

Ellen knows me well....

She gave me the Coffee sign ☺


Thought it would be appropriate here...
at the Keurig.


I'm still working on figuring out placement for pictures
for the wall behind the sofa.

I lined them up again....
trying to envision it on the wall....
should 'this' go here....or there.

The white thing on the coffee table is a shelf that hubs painted white
because I asked him to ♥

(the floor lamp will probably go.
for now, just using what I have)

Think we will start with the shelf and 
the two Norman Rockwell prints.
Then maybe the rest will come together. 

I don't usually struggle this much.
Partly because I often hang things with push pins....
I do!
But I need to have hubby do this job the correct way.
And he appreciates if I know what I want before he starts!

I'll close with this cutie

He loves nice days!

Have a wonderful evening. The Voice is on tonight....I'm crazy about that show! I never miss it. Or if I do, it's being taped recorded to watch later, of course. Take care and God be with you!






9 comments:

Vintage Girl 901 said...

I use push pins too. My son in law says I need to trace what I’m gonna hang and put the paper up with push pins to see how it’s gonna look before I nail it and put all kinds of holes in the wall! GUILTY! Last week it was crazy rain one night and beautiful the next day. I tell you what! Y’all know how to have a good time!

Mari said...

I'm watching the Voice right now as I peruse blogs. Love it too!
Happy Birthday! I like the sign from Ellen and that whole coffee area.
Looks like you have been having lots of fun around there.
Good luck with the pictures. I struggle with that too, but I have a daughter who is so good at it, so I just ask for a consult!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love your porch and it wont be long before there will be more 'sitting' time out there. Enjoyed all your pictures of your family. However you decide to do the pictures, bet it will look good on that wall.

Jean said...

That porch is so glorious!! I'm so eager for some nice weather to sit on Anthony and Lori's porch.

I love the sign Ellen gave! That whole room looks so cozy and comfy.

You really are so blessed to be able to have all your children together!

Kathy said...

Happy birthday! And welcome to the 65 club. I'm still getting used to it. You have been so busy with lots of fun things. Hope you have a chance to get some rest in. Love your little coffee area. The picture is perfect.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! The St. Patrick's Day Party looks like great fun for Ellen and her friends. I enjoyed your photos. Have a beautiful week.

Theresa said...

BOO HOO, I missed your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday dear Doris! I will be the big 65 in May! Some porch sitting sounds perfect to me. I need to do some Spring cleaning on both of my porches! Ellen LOVES to dance and I am sure she had a great time. Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

No, Doris, 65 is not old because we've been there and moved on and it's all good. Looks like you had a lot of catching up to do in the posts with lots of good family times.

Susan said...

I love this post!! Beautiful pic of your sunny deck too. We have had some crazy weather as well... sunny but a little cool yesterday and cold rain today. At least it's springtime now. Your "Christmas" table was so inviting! And I know the people around it were very blessed. I always smile when I see pics of your Ellen :) Have a blessed day, my friend!